SLight Pull To the LEft Max II

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SLight Pull To the LEft Max II

SLight Pull To the LEft Max II

Hi all, buttoned up my Max II and finally got some snow here in Ohio (I live in the city) so took it out for a spin. The machine wants to pull to the left, any ideas as to why this is happening?

The first thing I'd look at is air pressure in the tires, 1-2 psi difference can make a machine seem off. Second thing is chain adjustment. Hopefully the simple things will do it. If not let us know and we can point you elsewhere.

Jack the machine up so all tires can be spun by hand. See if there is more resistance in one side then the other. Then as Noel said check tires first, then look at chains and bearings.

another vote for tire pressure. Its crazy how the slightest difference can change the circumference of them tires and make one side cover more/less ground.

Quote Originally Posted by monkstr6100 View Post
    another vote for tire pressure. Its crazy how the slightest difference can change the circumference of them tires and make one side cover more/less ground.
    Yes, has everything to do with circumference!

Gents,

Thank you for the replies. I did have a front tire that was quite low. Don't know if it has a slow leak, but filling it to about 3psi seemed to help some. Will jack it up later this week and spin the wheels, although I did not notice anything like that when I had it up a few weeks ago checking them for any play in the bearings.

Go Buckeyes! O.H.I.O.!

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    Go Buckeyes! O.H.I.O.!
    I got it back out yesterday after doing a few things to it. It still has a pull but not as bad after fixing a slow leak with some highlifter seal and getting all the tires at 3 psi. Had an issue with my throttle cable freezing up. After about 30 minutes with a heat gun I got it to unfreeze only to have it freeze again wide open. Needless to say I kind of crash landed in the garage. So, what else could cause it to pull like that? And any suggestions on the throttle issue? May try WD 40 and postpone a new one from 6x6 parts. Has anyone tried a heated one they sell?
    Heres a link to my video I took yesterday.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVzvi_lKMic

hey country....fun video, thanks. i had good luck using a needle and syringe and slowly squirting antifreeze down in the cable housing. if you can easily unhook the cable from the carb, then pull it out and dry it off, squirt in the antifreeze and put it back. if not..then slowly sqeeze it in with the cable hooked up. pull throttle lever back and tape open then slowly fill the housing. good luck....johnboy va.

Ah yes, that will probably work best. I was surprised it happened since I have not had it in water yet and the tub is dry. Thanks for the info.

+ Reply to Thread