Max 11 drifting to right

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max 11 drifting to right

Max 11 drifting to right

Still trying to work the last bug out of my recently restored 96 maxII. I have a slight drift to right and yes I did check psi and tire circumference multiple times as well as running less psi on left just to try it out. I have new bearings and chains and everything seems to be inline straight. **I can bump back occassionally on the left lateral just slightly about an inch or so as I go and it does straighten out, then slowly starts the right drift again when I release the left lateral.** Also I just remeasured/reset the t20 trans channel adjustments but still has the slight drift to right. I am thinking if I still need to make a slight tweek to one of the band adjustments/plunger on the left?? which one and which way? Will appreciate all input and advice !!

Sorry, can't offer any advice to fix your issue. But, I have the same year MaxII as you and I have had the exact same issue in the eight years I've owned it. Tried all the possible remedies, but cannot get it to run straight. Absolutely drives me insane and one of the main reasons I use it only for ice fishing (with tracks) or clearing brush around my property. No joy rides simply because of the drift issue here.

Max14hp do you have 6 identical tires on your machine (tire size, tread, ply, rim width) and is the tread direction the same for each side of the machine?

it may not be the problem...but i wonder if letting some air out of the front left tire would solve the drift. anyone tried that with success before ? or maybe 2 of the left tires . j.b.

im kinda late chiming in here but my max II has same issue after a 100% frame out rebuild, I had to add 1/2 psi to the tires to the side it was drifting to and problem solved.

Larry

+ Reply to Thread