Registering maxx

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Registering maxx

Quote Originally Posted by Scugog4 View Post
    What did u do to get motorcycle ins
    If I remember correctly it was the insurance agents idea. We just added the proper amount of Zero's to the beginning of the serial # to have the correct number of digits.

Its actually pretty stupid. The insurance company required X number of digits but the ministry that registers the bike only needed the proper serial #.

Whats really stupid is maxx didnt use a proper vin no i have a 10000 dollar machine i cant use no wonder they went out of buisness

I think you are over reacting.
    Take a breath and read some of the suggestions made here.
    Many older ATV etc do not have a VIN. (my Argo doesn't either) and they are able to register them.
    If your insurance is the issue then do as mentioned above and add zero's to the beginning of the serial #

I thk you for the suggestion newer models after 90s all have 17 vins underwriters dnt care if i give all 000 at the beginning they still.wont find the machine they want to see it come up in the system tell them year make ect. I have a ownership from the mto they still are saying no bull crap ontario they think everyone is trying to scam them its a whole different ball game now ill try it.next company i can find if u dont have ins with them.they dnt want to.talk to u.sigh so.u have to also transfer house car ect at a higher rate its all a big scam im at the point were its going to be sold ram it kathleen wynne

Your right im not happy its a farce man im just trying to be legal these machines are great ive had 10.argos over the years fixed used sold but now the rules have changed b4 4 wheelers went running all over you didnt even have to register them or were a helment right up.to 2004 now its a joke they dont even.no what to class them as half the time one person says ine thing another the opposite really there to much of a p.i.t.a. now I was hard core argo guy but even with 17 digit vin most places want you to sign a opcf9 witch is a waiver saying it will not be used in water phew its a argo or maxx like really is it worth this i.just want to.use it man.legally im.not up.in tim.buck 2 lots of mnr guys always all over my area its just a shame odg should be helping set the rules instead of selling 30000 dollar machines and leaving you.hung out 2 dry its in there best interest but money is the driving force not a argo or a maxx shameful

Have you tried other insurance companies?

Ok i found a broker in barrie colleen is her name company huronia brokers she said those companys just looking in the system she looked it up in the book all good 260 a year so for the rest give her a call

And thats no waiver ins as aatv

You need a new insurance agent. I'm in Ontario and ride a fully insured and plated 2007 Max IV. No vin, just a file #. I'm with State Farm, no hassles at all.

Oops, just remembered you got it sorted out as posted in another thread.

+ Reply to Thread