SLOW... Now What?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SLOW... Now What?

SLOW... Now What?

More to the adventures of the MaxII named (THE REASON IM GOING TO HELL) or just simply (BoB).. OK, another issue in the never-ending restoration of a MaxII . My last issue was that it would slip out of drive while under power. I got that straightened out. It was a simple adjustment issue and it is fixed. So, it snowed and I got the Max ready to go play. I'm excited, the snow is fresh, and the Max is running. I hop in an smash that throttle, "Meh.".. It moves and that is a small victory, but my God this thing is anemic in the power department. I know these things weren't speed machines only rated at 15mph. I adjusted the carb, which made a little difference. At best, it still only tops around 5 mph and forget about any hills beyond a very small ditch. New Drive Clutch, New Belt (it is correct size and doesn't slip.), chain tension is correct. What else could it be? Any advice is appreciated and seriously considered.. thanks

Is the engine bogging and dieing under load?
    If so than your looking at the engine and nothing else. Could be a lot of things at that point seeing as every ICE has a lot of parts that need to work to make them tick. Check fuel lines. I've had that problem before, especially if its running better on choke.

just a thought..get it off the ground on some blocks and see how it runs that way. also while it's up, spin each wheel with trans in nuetral just to make sure none off the bearings are frozen tight. off the ground while it's not under load may help narrow down what's going on. let us know what you find..... johnboy va.

Is your belt tension correct?

Is your engine turning 3600-4000(preferably) rpm in Neural? Is your governor spring correct now?
    Drive belt correct and adjusted to 1-1/2 deflection?
    Clutches cycling with the drive fully closing at high rpm?
    Did you adjust the bands too tight and have the brake bands partially applied while in drive bands engaged?
    Is the parking brake on?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I got the governor issues straight now. The clutches open and close like they're supposed to. I haven't touched the band adjustment..

Still sounds like an adjustment issue.
    So what engine?
    How many rpm's is it turning?
    What size tires?
    What belt are you running?
    Post a couple pictures of your set up. The more these guys now the better the answers are.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread