Preditor 670 repower for my MAX 2......

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Preditor 670 repower for my MAX 2......

Preditor 670 repower for my MAX 2......

Hi All-

I’m very interested in repowering with the Preditor 670. I have been reading any/all write-ups where that engine has been installed-air boats,off-road vehicles,or whatever.
    One obstacle to overcome is the relatively low use time logged before the owner ‘publishes’ his/her review of the engine;i.e.,no high hours/long term use reports available yet.
    Another hindrance is the complete lack of technical details shared about the installation-it isn’t a ‘drop in-even I know this. So those who install this engine should be doing a (much) better job of sharing the details of that project.

I don’t particularly like Chinese products-they deserve the bad reputation they have generated for the most part-however,that said,much of their poor product blame goes to their American clients who spec the product for maximum profit and nothing else. Even when the proper materials are used with sound designs,Chinese QC is still inconsistent. However,things are improving.

I believe that the Preditor 670 is a decent engine worthy of use ,provided it performs as advertised and provides several hundred hours of service when properly maintained .

My MAX 2 has less than 40 hours use total time,and is powered by the basic B&S 14 hp V-twin.I may sell the MAX this spring,if I do,I don’t believe that the Preditor 670 re-power will negatively affect the sale or selling price….

So,all of that said, I would like to hear from anyone having used the 670 in any application;their experiences would be extremely helpful…….

Sam in IN
    Attached Images

I have about 20 hours on mine in an attex and it’s been good so far. Here’s my issues with them. Charging system sucks so I made a bracket to mount an alternator running off a belt pulley and run a 35 amp alternator for my charging system. And also mine is very cold blooded and needs a lil more fuel. That project is gonna happen soon. Other than that I’m happy with it. Governor is bypassed and it will run 33 mph wide open. Plenty of power too

2 words "DO IT". We have been running predators for years and never had an issue. Like dave said they are a little cold blooded. This is easily fixed with rejetting them. These motors love to breathe. They really come alive when you open up the exhaust and give them the right fuel mixture. I haven't really had an issue with lack of charging as I dont run alot of accessories and all the lights I have are LED. Many people are afraid of removing the governor, we dont have a single predator with the governor still functioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Toys4Me View Post
    2 words "DO IT". We have been running predators for years and never had an issue. Like dave said they are a little cold blooded. This is easily fixed with rejetting them. These motors love to breathe. They really come alive when you open up the exhaust and give them the right fuel mixture. I haven't really had an issue with lack of charging as I dont run alot of accessories and all the lights I have are LED. Many people are afraid of removing the governor, we dont have a single predator with the governor still functioning.
    LOLOL The governor bandits you guys are!! I like it!!

Yep, remove the governor, add the one wire alternator, and maybe a $12 low pressure electric fuel pump, and you'll have a nice package.

I totally agree with the others...DO IT! I love mine. It is cold blooded (so are my Kawasaki engines) so just keep the choke on longer. I have rejetted, 4600 rpm bracket, K&N cone filter and GM one wire alternator. Check out Performance 670.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefdiesel View Post
    I totally agree with the others...DO IT! I love mine. It is cold blooded (so are my Kawasaki engines) so just keep the choke on longer. I have rejetted, 4600 rpm bracket, K&N cone filter and GM one wire alternator. Check out Performance 670.com.
    4600 rpm bracket?? can you tell me what that is please???

https://www.performance670.com/produ...il/rpm-bracket

I'll just stick with bypassing it.

Bypassing the governor will not yield any more power,It will give slightly more mph when readjusted to increased rpms.

Quote Originally Posted by eddieb1965 View Post
    Bypassing the governor will not yield any more power,It will give slightly more mph when readjusted to increased rpms.
    I didn’t bypass the governor,I put a small rod between throttle and governor. No more spring. And it does turn more rpms and runs 7 mph faster but I don’t hold wide open long.

+ Reply to Thread