Put a predator in my Max4, couple questions for others who have.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Put a predator in my Max4, couple questions for others who have.

Put a predator in my Max4, couple questions for others who have.

I put the Predator in my max 4. It runs good but it does seem to take a few too many seconds to get to full throttle while driving. Do you guys run a governor? If not, how simple is it to disconnect?. Also the voltage is at 12.4 if it's running or not, did I miss something? The battery seems ok but my amp meter is at 0. Lastly what is the plug that went to my vanguard that had one black and one white wire? The black I figured out was the kill switch, the white has 12v so not sure what that went to. Thanks!

Just by disconnecting the governor will not make your engine rev any faster(Without serious internal modifications),It will give you a little more MPH. Recommend setting governor to 42-4400 and leave it connected.

Ok thanks, good to know. I think I need to adjust the belt, the is a good amount of deflection.

Quote Originally Posted by mopard3 View Post
    I put the Predator in my max 4. It runs good but it does seem to take a few too many seconds to get to full throttle while driving. Do you guys run a governor? If not, how simple is it to disconnect?. Also the voltage is at 12.4 if it's running or not, did I miss something? The battery seems ok but my amp meter is at 0. Lastly what is the plug that went to my vanguard that had one black and one white wire? The black I figured out was the kill switch, the white has 12v so not sure what that went to. Thanks!
    I bent a piece of coat hangar and put it between throttle and governor. Used to be a spring there originally

mopard3, what belt did you use on your build. I recently purchased a 670 also and plan to install it into my MaxIV. My old belt went with the briggs vanguard that was in the machine, and is very worn. I can't even read the numbers on the belt to purchase a new one. Your help is greatly appreciated!!Thanks!!
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

I dont have the original switch at all anymore. What color wires are coming off that?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I have a max2 with the predator motor. I disconnected the governor and now have twice the power and speed. I have been running it that way for a year now. it is really easy to do. Just disconnect the linkage between the carb and the governor and hook the throttle cable direct to the carb.

+ Reply to Thread