Another one!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another one!

Another one!

Just bought this MaxlV off Craigslist in Birmingham. Nice condition for the price. It has been sitting outside for 2 years. Everything does does work and the 18 hp Vanguard is smooth and quiet. There was 2" of water in the tub. Alot of surface rust on the parts under the water. Tires hold air and rear right axle is bent. Over all I feel good about the 1500.00 purchase price.
    Attached Images

Tommy, You, Rick, Jon, need to get together and have a AATV Get Er Done party. Hope you are planing to be on the BB list for April. You in Atlanta, Rick in Clarksville, you Georgia guys are taking over.

hey chief...i'd say you got a good deal on the max. looks like it may not take much to get it in shape to ride ! see ya soon johnboy va.

Yes I will be in Busco this spring. Hopefully with both toys.

Congrats on the purchase Tommy. Always nice to have a back up lol. Looks pretty clean too for that price. Hope you make it to Busco with both. see you in a month or so

Nice find Tommy, hopefully the water didn't sit in there too long. Clean and pbblast it all.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Rick, I can come there to ride in N GA sometimes. PB is a good idea, the chains and sprockets show little wear just rusty.

That would be cool Tommy. Only problem i have found up here is most of the trails have a width restriction of 50". There is a jeep trail in Hiawassee but haven't tried it yet.

I have a few questions about my Max project. First, I have searched and read about the green and red springs. My Max IV has a green spring and 18 hp Vanguard stock . I am replacing that engine with a Kohler Command Pro 27 hp (plus a few goodies inside). Some of the 27 and 29 hp Kawasaki engines come with the green or red springs. I thought the springs were for 2 or 4 strokes (different powerbands). Please help!

Also, does the output sprocket count determine the color of the spring.

+ Reply to Thread