Kohler magnum 20

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kohler magnum 20

I have the 20hp Kohler Magnum in mine. With a hard tire like the Terra 26" I haul tail on the trial with my butt well off the seat, knees bent. You will smoke any 16hp on any decent dry terrain. 30mph on flat dry stuff and grass.

At a crawl (how I drive in the rough and off trail), I don't think there is much difference between the different hp of motors. I have seen a little wee briggs on another rider's old orange 8x8 argo with little bitty muck-donuts do anything on the trail, including mud wading.

If I bought a new engine, I would get an 18hp or 20hp Honda, if I was made out of money I would get one with efi. Kohler parts are really spendy, that's their main drawback in my opinion.

AKTrail ,

I thinking seriously about buying an electric start , honda 24 , to replace the flat 18 briggs thats in the Hustler Big foot I just bought. The 20 hp Honda in boncrshr,s Hustler 950 pulls really well. He has the red spring clutch installed and also has 30 % lower gearing as well , so this helps I,m sure.

Kohler Magnum 20

My first Max IV had the Magnum 20 and it was a very powerful engine and moved out well. I would imagine you would be happy with it. Kinda heavy.

Bushman

Thanks to all.

Thanks to everyone who replied. I feel very good about the machine I am trading for now. I guess I'll find out tomorrow, Thats when it's supposed to be delivered. Wish me luck and thanks for all the info.

PS: I'll post a pic asap.

Quote Originally Posted by demonflea View Post
    Wish I lived near that riding area, It looks great there. I hope mine goes that good. Thanks for the input. Being a noob to this I have a lot to learn.
    Your not too far from Allentown, right? I don't know the local roads on your end, but your probably about 3 hours most from me (2 1/2 to Allentown, give or take) I do hope to have at least a little Get-To-Gether / Trail ride sometime in the spring/early summer, but every attending machine MUST float, Theres miles of trails and rough roads on the hill, but you will spend quite a while in the water first to get to them
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

Quote Originally Posted by 6X6 View Post
    Your not too far from Allentown, right? I don't know the local roads on your end, but your probably about 3 hours most from me (2 1/2 to Allentown, give or take) I do hope to have at least a little Get-To-Gether / Trail ride sometime in the spring/early summer, but every attending machine MUST float, Theres miles of trails and rough roads on the hill, but you will spend quite a while in the water first to get to them
    Sounds great. I have to get a trailer before I can go far but have some trails here till then.

It's finally here.

This is it. 1998 Max IV, 26in tires, 20hp Kohler Seems to need a little TLC. Throttle cable is stiff to hold. Choke cable needs to be reattached. Came up in rain and snow so it was soaked. I took it out for a short tryout and it seems a little down on power but that could be due to the cable. Previous owner said it was a new heated cable and needed to be adjusted.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by demonflea; 10-28-2008 at 05:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread