Kohler magnum 20

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kohler magnum 20

Kohler magnum 20

Can anyone tell me if the kohler magnum 20 will be a good motor in a 1998 max IV with 25 in tires. Sorry for the dumb questions but I'm very new to this.

Im curious about the 20hp kohler as well. Mine is a 1993 with the 20 on it. My engine is red in color though? My max should also be here in a week or so. How did you ship yours?

Quote Originally Posted by smokin cigarettes View Post
    Im curious about the 20hp kohler as well. Mine is a 1993 with the 20 on it. My engine is red in color though? My max should also be here in a week or so. How did you ship yours?
    Mine isn't here yet, the guy I'm trading a quad to is bringing it in a pick up truck.

My old Max IV had a 18HP opposed Briggs and it worked quite well in the machine. You should be good with a 20 Kohler.

Quote Originally Posted by liflod View Post
    My old Max IV had a 18HP opposed Briggs and it worked quite well in the machine. You should be good with a 20 Kohler.
    Thanks, I was worried that it might be underpowered after reading the posts. Evedryone seems to have 25hp and up.

Mogman and I were riding in my backyard trails, he has a 16 briggs, and 25" Rawhide III tires. While he does want more power in the future, it had no problems, despite the nasty conditions. (If you want to see a 16hp briggs powered, 25" tire, Max IV in action (with 2 adults on board), check the Putnam Pit Premier Ride under Trail rides thread, I have videos of both our machines running) I think the 20 will have no problems. Of course, more power is never a problem, untill you get to WAY too much power, then it's just enough
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

Quote Originally Posted by 6X6 View Post
    Mogman and I were riding in my backyard trails, he has a 16 briggs, and 25" Rawhide III tires. While he does want more power in the future, it had no problems, despite the nasty conditions. (If you want to see a 16hp briggs powered, 25" tire, Max IV in action (with 2 adults on board), check the Putnam Pit Premier Ride under Trail rides thread, I have videos of both our machines running) I think the 20 will have no problems. Of course, more power is never a problem, untill you get to WAY too much power, then it's just enough
    Wish I lived near that riding area, It looks great there. I hope mine goes that good. Thanks for the input. Being a noob to this I have a lot to learn.

Command 20 hp

Just found out it is a command 20 hp not a magnum 20 hp is there any difference in performance etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by demonflea View Post
    Just found out it is a command 20 hp not a magnum 20 hp is there any difference in performance etc.?
    Found out that mine is a MAGNUM! Im sure that they are both great engines. I have had Kohlers that have ran for 20yrs.

Hey Demonflea
    Did you get your Max yet?

+ Reply to Thread