Max II snowplow

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max II snowplow

Max II snowplow

OK, so I have a couple questions. I understand in order to run tracks on the max you need the extensions and bearing cages. I have all but given up on that for this winter since finding this stuff used seems to be next to impossible and it's ridiculous from RI. But I do want to get a snow blade on this unit. The winch install looks fairly straight forward. I have seen several designs homemade and the factory setup from RI on this site. Homemade certainly seems to be the way to go considering the price. And from what I understand the bearing cages have the mounts for the snow blade. What I can't seem to find is if you can make your own mounts and bolt them on with the front flanges, OR do you need to have the bearing cages? And if you can does anyone have any good pictures or drawings of them?

1 more thing. I have a set of these

Amphicat tracks

They came with my '78 argo (being restored). But if they were to fit my Max II would I need to worry about bearing cages or wheel extensions?

The Amphicat tracks wouldn't fit the Max II because they would be too short. If I were you I'd sell them and use the money toward a set of plastic tracks (I believe they're called tru-trax). They have removable segments so you can make them as short or long as you need. These pop up on ebay and Craigslist every now and then. If you're just going to be plowing and not trail riding you would probably be alright without bearing cages, but I would run them just to be safe because bending 6 axles is not a good thing (or cheap repair).
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I have a 76 inch plow and track kit for my 03 Max II.Also I have the bearing extensions on which the plow mounts are found.If plowing without tracs and wheel extensions there is a 60 inch plow but you need the wider one to clear the tracks when angled.I would think the bearing cage extensions would be a good idea as plowing is fairly hard on them.I agree the prices are intense I bought mine used as a package but the retail on tracks,bearing cages and plow is breath taking.I'll keep an eye out for alternate mounting ideas. I do my plowing with my tractor usually as it has shuttle shift reverse and the Max is cumbersome to reverse on an ongoing basis.

Humanshield: I forgot to add...........I don't know how wide the tracks you have are but the 15 inch tracks for the Max definitely won't go on without the 5 inch wheel extensions.The Max with all the toys is a fantastic setup but it can break the bank.I believe though that a new Max fully equipped is worth the investment with an excellent maintenance program over the long term as they can be enjoyed in all climates 24/7 and 365 days a year!

If you look at the tracks I have there are the old soft wrap around type and would likely go on without extensions. It was mentioned they won't fit. But I have not tried.

humanshield, do you still have the Amphicat soft tracks?
    Tim

Here is a thread I did last winter on my home made snow plow. I believe I used 3/16th steel and bolted them right over the existing flange bolts. There isn't a lot of thread there to use, but enough to get a good bite, and I used plenty of blue lock tight.

Used it all last season plowing my dad's office lot, and it did really well as long as it was 3 inches or less of snow. More than that was a chore only because the lot was so long and wide. Did my driveway great even up to 9 inches of snow. Just angle your blade, if you tried hitting it straight on you probably wouldn't get too far.

Link::: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...snow-plow.html

+ Reply to Thread