Drive belt for MAX II

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drive belt for MAX II

Drive belt for MAX II

I just recently purchased a MAX II and replaced the drive belt with one with the same number (gates 6092). Problem is the belt does not seem to be the correct one.when I start the engine it will take off, also it seems to sit very hight on the driven clutch. Can someone verify the correct belt for a 1997 max II,vanguard 16hp. Thanks for any info.

Try adjusting the belt tension. ATV and Snowmobile Belts - by Dayco

Will do, kind of strange cause when I replace my snowmobile belts I don't have any problems? but I'll give it a try.

How high in the driven are you talking? The belt should sit slightly above the top edge. Someone had probably slit the engine in your machine back to compensate for a worn/ stretched belt. If you put a new one on without adjusting it, then the belt would be way too tight and cause it to do exactly what you describe.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I been checking out the forum and I think that is the place to start. I'll let you know what I find. (newbe)

The enigine was as far forward as it could go, I just put one of the old belts back on for now. I think I'll be be doing a trans. rebuild to, hope that is not to difficult. Thanks for all the help, I sure would like to get it in the water.

+ Reply to Thread