How fast max iv with 16hp vtwin vanguard

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How fast max iv with 16hp vtwin vanguard

How fast max iv with 16hp vtwin vanguard

So the max iv with a 25hp Kohler engine just got sold out from under me even though I was driving 5 hrs tomorrow to go pick it up. Pretty pissed.

Found one more within driving distance. Is a 1998 with a 16hp. What speed on land would it see, and has jwheels, is the 16hp enough to push it? Also is there things that will need to be replaced right away since it is older?

Pretty much all these 4 stroke machines do 17-25 miles an hour in stock form, depending on tire size and gearing, they all swim at 1-4 mph with proper tires.

Each machine differs in maintenance needs as to maintenance schedule and driving style, terrain, equipment and needs to be looked at individually.
    For example a well maintained machine with 1000 hours on it may be in better shape than a machine with 10hours on it that sat outside for even just a shprt while uncovered with the plugs in it.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

hey friend... sounds like a nice machine . to check out it's condition , depending on time you have , listen to the engine and take a test drive . does it turn well both right and left ? does reverse work well ? then raise the top body and look at the chains , tensioners , etc . if possible ...raise the machine up one side at a time and wobble tires side to side to see how bearings are and no bent axles. these are just some basic checks. chains , bearings , and axles are pretty much the parts that need replacing once and a while . they are easy machines to work on. and i have seen a video of a max 4 with the j wheelz and it did pretty well in mud and snow. good luck in your purchase. keep in touch , johnboy va.

+ Reply to Thread