Disappointed with Max IV in snow

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Disappointed with Max IV in snow

Disappointed with Max IV in snow

I took my Max IV with tracks out in the snow for the first time and was very disappointed how it preformed.
    I'm afraid I will be digging it out more than I will be fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick518 View Post
    I took my Max IV with tracks out in the snow for the first time and was very disappointed how it preformed.
    I'm afraid I will be digging it out more than I will be fishing.
    how long have you had it . ????? i'm sure the experts will be chiming in . from what i seen on brandons vid . it's jest like tires in sand and water the more you spin the deeper you go . try useing less gas and less spinning of the tracks . the key is to stay ontop of the snow, not diging in you might want to get maxruels's vid . it is a must have for aatvs owners . robbie robbie
    Last edited by rdr; 12-22-2008 at 09:27 PM.
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

i'm real curios too .How deep of snow,factory tracks or what?I have been trying to devise a way to run tracks on mine(homade) but also concerned abouit performance.I have been told by several on this site that a max4 with tracks works quite well.Your the first one i heard thats just dissappointed with them,Wonder whats wrong there

max 4

what did you not like about it? horsepower , climbing ability what?

New2me,,,I did see a post on this site of someone that used snowmobile tracks to make a Homemade set of tracks ,,I think it was on an ARGO,,,,,Looked pretty sweet too! Maybe useful for you .

Yep i saw those snomobile belt tracks and i liked it!! Not enough room on max 4 to do that just yet.Still have 22" tires and thinking more soft tracks like on the amphicat photo posted on this site.Looks like that could work for my max4. spooks me though risking axles and bearings,but hey then I think what the hey its just axels and bearings,if it breaks just fix it and learn how not to do things

Just to let you know I was in about 2 ft loose powder snow and the belly pan would get hung up on snow and I would have to dig it out or winch it out if there was something to hook on to.Also it was flat going ,no hills. Once a path was made it was fine but blazing a new trail was a problem. I'm running factory tracks,the older style with aluminum saddles and metal cleats.

I have the same tracks on my IV. I find that the issue is that the machine tends to plow the snow if it is light powder. It runs better on firmer snow. I also found that I have to push the control stick forward a bit to be sure they are fully engaging the transmission or it loses forward power, and be sure the tire pressure is correct or the wheels will spin inside the tracks also saping power.

Overall, I was really impressed with the Max in snow, but we only had 18 inches or so.

+ Reply to Thread