gettin back runnin..

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!

Thread: gettin back runnin..

Threaded View

gettin back runnin..

well its been a while, but Im about to slap all new bearings and chain on this maxiv. I took it down to the frame and will be welding gussets and some plate on tommorrow. I have a couple issues yet.. on the bearing flanges there is a rubber gasket between the flange and body. can I rough it up and use some Lexel or other real good silicone here? My rubber gaskets are shot. I also noticed that the inner bearing flanges have no zerk? I guess Ill add one tommorrow to them. Then I got to the rear of the frame. It looks like someone bent this thing all up with a torch to get the rear chains/sprocket to clear!?! is this factory??? good thing I got a mig and a plasma cutter! time to hammer down. any suggestions or mods I should be looking at doing while im down to the frame?

oh btw, the gears on the t20 look a little worn.. is it difficult to change them to new? or do you have to tear the t20 apart?
    Last edited by Mike; 09-04-2010 at 10:16 PM. Reason: merged two consecutive posts. You can edit a post if you forget something ;)