Sand tire/ paddle tires

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sand tire/ paddle tires

Sand tire/ paddle tires

Just a random question for discussion. I was looking at some paddle tires intended for use in the sand. I wonder if they would swim? Has anyone tried them? If they did you could always put one in the middle...they are really expensive though.

Link for example....

ATV Paddle Tire, GBC Paddle Master,: MotoSportXperts

Second random thought....I wonder what Whipper's beast would do with these, since he rides in sand a lot? I noticed when I was making the 12.5 mile run down the beach to our hunting spot, soft sand will really kill your speed. I could hit 23 or 24 (I forget) on the hard pack, and about 13-15 in the soft stuff.....

I saw this for less on ebay

Not the brand but tread style
    I will look into it more but I have seen them for less money

I am curious on how they swim as well
    Why do we waste tax money on bridges and roads when we can all just drive AATVs

I wanted to ask that same question but as a newbie didnt want to sound stupid..

Quote Originally Posted by chrisivins View Post
    I wanted to ask that same question but as a newbie didnt want to sound stupid..
    Man...don't worry....I am still a newbie at this, and I have pulled some doozies! Like the time I thought my T-20 went bad 3 miles back in the woods, pulled a buddies T-20, got all the way back in the woods, and figured out that it was a sheared axle key....nobody made too much fun of me then, so don't sweat it!

I have a pair of paddle tires that I have used on a MAXII . It doesn't really make much of a difference. If you use them on the back axle you get more splash but that's all. If you run on dry ground nobody will follow to closely as they throw dirt roostertails 6 -8 feet behind the machine. Makes for cool effects. Pisses off the people following you.
    Bob

Thanks for the information on this. I also was always curious about how some paddle tires would work on a 6x6. I wonder how 6 of them would work on a machine that is running on sand dunes.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Hey JP,

Check this tire out........it is a closed chevron pattern.

STI Sand Trax

I almost bought a set of paddles for my argo-8 but settled on some C-828s and some Carlisle Badlands (cause they were cheap)... noone I talked to figured the paddles were durable enough to run on an Argo, but noone I talked to had tried it, so how do they hold up?

Quote Originally Posted by boncrshr View Post
    Hey JP,

Check this tire out........it is a closed chevron pattern.

STI Sand Trax
    Good find, boncrshr! I bet those would work great, and the price is right.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

JerseyBigFoot had some on his Scrambler at Copper Ridge a few years ago. I don't think he was running with them on every axle. I did not see them in the pond there. He was having some sort of difficulties with the Scrambler at the event.

http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/show...1608/ppuser/31

http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/129
    Banned

+ Reply to Thread