Any accurate tire pressure gauge recommendations?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any accurate tire pressure gauge recommendations?

Any accurate tire pressure gauge recommendations?

Seeing how most of these machines operate at such a low PSI are there any good tire gauges out there for this?

I would prefer a digital one over a mechanical if it is accurate to a couple of decimal points at such a low PSI.

If any one uses the Argo dial one and can review it that would be great too.

Argo pt# 619-10 Tire Gauge (0-15 PSI)
    Why do we waste tax money on bridges and roads when we can all just drive AATVs

I use a roadgear digital gauge. Accuracy ia 1/10psi. It has the digital unit and a hose with bleeder to ger the pressure exact.

You can go to a Summitt racing catalogue and order a low pressure tire gauge. This is what I used when I was drag racing. Reads down to 1 psi.
    Bob

That is what I have mine for and it works well with the AATV and gets more use with them.

Jerrynuss
    What do you race? I used to own a 1993 Olds funny car with a 526 cu. hemi.
    Bob

When I go to the drag strip (1/8) I take my Factory Five Roadster, just a 302 with a 5 speed and 3.73 gears. For Road racing a 93 Mazda RX7, and a 97 Mazda Miata, and a 94 Ford Mustang GT.

Thanks guys I think I found it

I noticed the one I use from my car starts at 5 PSI the max pressure the Argo’s tires are rated for.

It is a little pricey but looks like a good unit ,Ultra Hi-Tec Digital Tire Gauge
    TG130

ROADGEAR | Products | Detail

$69 for a tire gauge
    Why do we waste tax money on bridges and roads when we can all just drive AATVs

You may want to check the inflated diameter along with the pressure. I have an adjustable web strap that I check the circumference of the tires. You would think that tire pressure and diameter would be consistent.

I got one from the 4 wheeler shop for under $20, it is a mechanical one but does 0-15lb in quarter pound increments

Quote Originally Posted by jerseybigfoot View Post
    You may want to check the inflated diameter along with the pressure. I have an adjustable web strap that I check the circumference of the tires. You would think that tire pressure and diameter would be consistent.
    That's actually how they used to measure the proper inflation of the old balloon tires.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread