Joystick controlled max IV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Joystick controlled max IV

Joystick controlled max IV

Hello Guys, I want to convert my Max IV 950T to joystick control via servos. Im thinking two of these (MS530-1 Mega Servo) controlled by a three axis joystick (3 Function Joystick (Spring Disk)) Thoughts? Its for disabled use. It would be the ultimate wheelchair.

Thanks!

What would you be connecting the servos to? They might not be as strong as you are thinking, 2000 oz/in may sound like a lot but it converts to 10.4 ft/lbs, which is not a lot of force. This would not be enough to push the sticks, if that was your intent.
    I don't want to go fast, I just want to go anywhere.

You might be better off with a linear actuator.

Yea. Linear actuators are what have been recommended. How much travel is at the T-20? Does anybody have that spec? Thanks!

Admin Mike has a rebuild tutorial that has proper adjustments listed. Check the home page for it, I think it may help you.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I checked that tutorial and couldnt find anything on there. Any idea of fore and aft plunger travel at the t-20?

TIA!
    BC

Quote Originally Posted by bcripe View Post
    I checked that tutorial and couldnt find anything on there. Any idea of fore and aft plunger travel at the t-20?

TIA!
    BC
    That how-to article does have the adjustment information. It's on page 10 of the article: How to adjust T20

should be somewhere around 5/16 inch.

sorry 5/8. 5/16 each way in and out.

I wonder if you could use a bi-directional solenoid. More amps = more pressure, change voltage for direction. Hmm...

+ Reply to Thread