Max IV work in progress. (Coyote)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Max IV work in progress. (Coyote)

Ill try to get pics for the body sag tomarrow

15 hours of hard labor. Cut out and moved angle for battery box to hold a bigger battery. Welded in 1/4 inch angle for transmission to bolt to frame instead of having the slotted frame. My secondary clutch arrived today, thanks fed ex. Installed red spring in secondary.
    Removed those rattle trap U channels and made my own out of 1/4 inch angle.

The controls feel much better now.

Reinstalled t-20 and bracing around trans, Installed my chains. That was fun.
    Opened up the front of the engine stand so I could adjust t-20. welded in angle to strengthen stand. Installed and aligned 27hp kawasaki.

Long day and I'm tired.
    Last edited by Coyote; 08-04-2013 at 08:49 AM.

You do nice work.

Flip up seats help with access to stuff also.IMG_0130.jpgIMG_0131.jpgIMG_0129.jpg

Looks great! Like buggyman said, you do very nice work. The craftsmanship of this build looks top notch.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

coyote

I like how you replaced the U channels with the angle iron plates. Cutting out the front of the engine stand is a great idea too! Really nice work!

Very nice job! I like the set up, should be a bad boy machine.

Thank you all for the compliments. I have been reading every forum I can learning these machines and there queerks. Trying to modify as much as possible to make it better. Wether it is right or wrong. I hope to be riding with everyone soon.

Coyote

The next modification you should think about doing is the split shifter modification. No more rocking the tub back and forth trying to get each side of the T -20transmission gears lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    Coyote

The next modification you should think about doing is the split shifter modification. No more rocking the tub back and forth trying to get each side of the T -20transmission gears lined up.
    He did check out the pics of the t-20 mounted. Individual linkages coming off the diamond shifters running down down the chain channels
    1995 Max IV , (#11582), 23 HP Vanguard, Custom aluminum bellyband/roll-bars with direct winch attachment. Recreatives track kit.
    Work in progress. Front windshield and canvas enclosure for winter use.

Alaska AATV Owners Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/alaska.AATVs/

The mod I'm working on now is my back seat. I was working on the flip up seat today working a few bugs out <thanks Buggyman1>. Wanted to have a little bit of storage. Also working on mounting my 4 gal flat gas can for when I go in the mountains. After that I will be mounting an alternator. I tend to run alot of lights.

+ Reply to Thread