Argo vs. Max vs. ?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!

View Poll Results: Which AATV is the best all around off-road machine?

Voters
261. You may not vote on this poll
  • Max

124 47.51%
  • Argo

109 41.76%
  • Other

28 10.73%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Argo vs. Max vs. ?

Ahhh....the old "Can of Worms"....
    Banned

The obvious way to determine the "best" AATV is.....which one is "wheels up" more often.
    Wheels up must mean it was having more fun
    [IMG][/IMG]

You guys must be Chevy drivers as well. Lol the best machine is the one having the most fun. Just my opinion.

I've always favored the looks of a Max II over everything else. I like the tire size of the
    Max IV but don't like it as much as the Max II. I plan to buy one of these next.
    I sold my Avenger. Nice machine, but I want a Max.

I have a max ll for sale in pa. Craigslist Pittsburgh , slippery rock for 2500 has 24hp. Monday in it and roof wind shield

Mudd-Ox I love my Ox, but now that Matt has bought Max I can see a new Max2 in the next year or so. Than I will have the best of both worlds a 6x6 and a 8x8.

Cougar
    2011 MUDD OX KUBOTA TURBO DIESEL

Hey Mike,

Maybe you should update the poll to include the Mudd-Ox and start the whole conversation going again, it would be interesting to see where the Ox would place.

Ed

Uhhh, the Max is the best as I have one of those, if I had one of the others then it would be the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Dozerlarry View Post
    Uhhh, the Max is the best as I have one of those, if I had one of the others then it would be the best!
    LOL How true. That reminds me of an old George Carlon joke about if it's mine it is "stuff", if it is yours it is "crap" (Yes that was sanitized)

Ontario Drive & Gear manufactures differentials for the automotive industry. So this is why it was decided to manufacture an amphibious Atv and use the same design for the drivetrain. An open-differential like on a rear-drive automobile. Most people in the north country know, you get stuck in the snow with a rear-wheel vehicle, only one side spins! The same is true on an Argo, there can never be 100% applied to both sides, 100% to one side, 80/20, 60/40, etc. to find out how your AATV is driven, simply do the "Floorjack" test. Elevate one side of your vehicle, start engine, put it in gear, on an argo the side off the ground will spin(unless you brake that side, then you can transfer power to the other side). On a Max, both sides will drive and it will walk off of the jack.

+ Reply to Thread