ccw 400 rectifier

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ccw 400 rectifier

ccw 400 rectifier

Got the engine running and starting good (man this things fast for a newbie), now i just gotta get the charging system working. Looking at the drawings I'm seeing a rectifier. I don't have the rectifier, and there's not a snowmobile within 200 miles of here. lol Can a rectifier be made using diodes, or am i not thinking right here?
    "coming through like a herd of turtles"

Can you verify that you have ac output from the charge coils? Usually 2 yellow wires coming out from behind the flywheel. Should get somewhere around 14-25 volts ac depending on rpm. I usually order universal rectifiers from Shade Tree. I can't find my book tonite but they have a web site. Probably need one that will handle more than 15 amps. I don't think the charge coils are above 15 amp.

Yep, I have ac from the two yellow wires that come from the charge coils. According to the drawing in the service manual it originally used a ccw part#43-0715-10 which looks like it has a 7.5 amp fuse built into it.

You can get aftermarket rectifier/regulators pretty cheaply. I'd try Manufacturers Supply. Most any unit made for a two stroke 12v system will work.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

I would guess that pretty much any rectifier that rated for 25V or more at 25A or more ought to work, and give you enough margin to last a long time. That ought to just cost a buck or two. If you can't find one, let me know and I can mail you bridge rectifier module that will do what you need.

sweet! Thats the info i was looking for, and i assumed to be right but didnt want to take the chance of burning up a stator or battery. I think i can assemble one locally for scratch. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread