Help Deciding Argo Big Foot or Max IV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help Deciding Argo Big Foot or Max IV

Help Deciding Argo Big Foot or Max IV

Hi I'm new here I'm sure this is a life long debate but I am buying one this week. I would appreciate some help with my choice. I have an 2001 Big Foot that looks like new and a 2001 Max IV that looks real nice too. $5000 and $ 4000 respectively.

My main use is going to be getting to duck blind in about 16" of water with a slippery clay bottom. Also plan to take it to snow occasionally. Thinking I might want tracks ??

Please chime in as to problems with either and positives on either.
    Thank you for your help and Merry Christmas

both have their advantages and disadvantages the Argo has an open differential the max has the t20 and I believe pulls just like a locker rear end both should be good with tracks, max probably runs bigger tires but both are good machines

Since your thinking about using tracks, you've got them partially paid for by buying the Max. I had a lV and loved it even though it was pretty beat up. There's also a thread on here about some new style tracks out of Canada (I think) that are somewhat less expensive ($1700.?) than most.
    Our motto in the Strategic Air Command was "Peace is our Profession". If you don't believe it we'll bomb the hell out of you.

Take em both for a spin and see what feels right. You should be happy with either of them.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

That's one down fall they are both far away so I'm buying on instinct and advise. Good point on the tracks tho.

Post your location, may be members near you willing to let you test drive theirs.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

What size tires do these machines have? Which engine is in each? I really enjoyed my max iv, and would not have traded it for a 6 wheeler of a different brand, that being said I now have an 8x8 Argo and I enjoy it a lot more. The extra room was the decision maker for me.

Jason
    2015 Argo frontier EFI Camo. 4000lb vortex winch with synthetic rope. 3.3 trans.

~1998 Max IV (SN 14428) on 26" TRU Power tires, winch with synthetic rope, rear seat moved back 5 inches, flip top rear seat with storage underneath, 55 lb thrust trolling motor, #24 marine Battery and a bilge pump just in case.-sold

Quote Originally Posted by jtb51b View Post
    What size tires do these machines have? Which engine is in each? I really enjoyed my max iv, and would not have traded it for a 6 wheeler of a different brand, that being said I now have an 8x8 Argo and I enjoy it a lot more. The extra room was the decision maker for me.

Jason
    The Argo would have a 18hp Briggs and 25" rawhideII tires.
    The Max would require the 21" or 22" tires in order to fit tracks. Same with the Bigfoot, so a new set of tires/rims may be in order either machine. Rims because the 25" on the Argo will have 9" rims, and the Max likely has 26" tires w/12" rims....the smaller tires will take a 8" rim

Well like I said I was buying one and the Argo was the one !!!
    Thank-you for the input folks.

+ Reply to Thread