Scrambler brake reservior

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scrambler brake reservior

Scrambler brake reservior

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and a new 6x6 owner. I picked up an old Scrambler 1000. New engine but the rest is original or cobbled together. It does run and everything moves while in the air. (have not tried on the ground) Need to hook up throttle and kill switch before doing that.
    My 1st/2nd of many questions is I see there is suposed to be a fluid reservior for the steering and brakes. Any thoughts on what I can use to make one? Also I understand the bleeding process but how do I get ATF to stay in a grease gun?

Thanks for any help. I have learned a lot already from this site and hope to learn more.
    Attached Images

Welcome to the site.
    Scramblers were fairly popular, and you may be able to find an original part.
    Where are you located? I have a scrambler I'm trying to get rid of.....it may have lots of good parts for you.
    Sorry, but I can't help with the grease gun thing.

Thanks, I'll do some more looking but all I ever find is richards relics and from what everyone says, I should stay away. I live just outside of St.Paul, MN. Not sure how much I want to put into this thing.

I took a grease gun and removed the plunger part from the bottom-Then I siliconed the hole.It worked fine and held the trans fluid with no leaks.I used the smaller type pistol grease gun.I have an original fluid resevoir but you actually could just use a quart of atf -just drill a hole through the cap then insert your hose.

I will try both. Thanks flippy

I used a large syringe and put the grease fitting back on. I have also gravity fed them but that takes time.

I wound up using a small brake fluid bottle. Drilled a hole in the cap and it mounted nicely to the vertical support of the dash. Waiting for silicone to dry on the grease gun. Otherwise got the dash supported to the front of the tub, throttle/choke cables run, wiring for starter and kill switch. In the process of making new motor mount, fiberglassing some cracks, installing a sump pump and other stuff. Lots to go but hopefully worth it.

Thanks for the tips so far!

Nice to read all these ideas!! I'm getting motivated to bleed my scrambler brakes and take it for a drive this week!!

+ Reply to Thread