weak suit? or is there one?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: weak suit? or is there one?

weak suit? or is there one?

So is there terrain found in south Arkansas/ northern LA that is not a 6x6's strong suit..... It would seem that most any where the big 4x4 quads go we can ... correct..... I would love to see some head to head trail rides ( I did the the one vid of quad sinking) just for comparisson sake
    Thanks
    Ty Turner

870-818-1315
    tyturnersoffroad@yahoo.com

JESUS ROCKS

several vids on youtube of 6x6 machines and quads running the same trails. If a quad can go through a 6x6 can. What stops me is the super soft silt mud that is just thick enough to hold the machine up but not soft enough to swim or paddle through and more ground clearance is not an issue. I hate getting stuck in this stuff and it will happen during the following conditions:

I only have an hour before getting ready for work, I'm at the maximum point of penetration into the woods, I have nothing to hook a winch to, my wife is saying I told you so.

I see you're in Camden.. did Mudbug already tell you about his friends/and or riding area in the Magnolia area?
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

The first few seconds of this video will give you one example of a place where the quad that was with us got stuck and we just drove right through. It wasn't a difficult hole and I'm sure if he would have taken a different approach he would have made it but still it gives you one example:

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    I see you're in Camden.. did Mudbug already tell you about his friends/and or riding area in the Magnolia area?
    Thats a negative.... but when I get rolling I'd love to ride and learn how to drive like a pro, I'm still not very smooth with it (least in the 15 min of operation I've had )
    Thanks
    Ty Turner

870-818-1315
    tyturnersoffroad@yahoo.com

JESUS ROCKS

+ Reply to Thread