Right side does not want to go in reverse

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Right side does not want to go in reverse

you could pull right side again try to shift in reverse with a screwdriver to verify not linkage problem
    Good Luck

How do I do that? Just pull out the shift plate again and use a screwdriver to slide the grooved lip towards the wheel?

Three position forward push grove out towards gear ///reverse push groove in towards center/// neutral middle. If i am right if not reverse directions

Ok cool. Ill try that tmrw and post back!

corogers give this a try....

With the shift linkage disconnected from the diamond shifter, manually move the diamond shifter into the reverse position. As you shift it you should feel the detent catch, which indicates the position at which it should stop. Then, with your shift lever in the reverse position, hold your linkage to the diamond and see how far off it is. Do the same for neutral and forward. You will see how far off it is (if any) and can adjust accordingly.

On another note, perhaps you should watch the linkage as you shift into reverse and see if the linkage is bending out of shape, thus shortening its travel. If that is happening, you need to replace that section of linkage.

I will throw the worst case scenario in here because that's what usually happens to me!! If anyone has been grinding the "gears" to get into reverse it is a possibility the teeth are worn very thin in the reverse drum. happened to me! but if thats the case you can either find a used drum or if ya know a guy good on a lathe a member on here has a hardened steel insert you can install into your old drum. Did it to mine and so far no issues at all.
    hopefully your luck is better than mine!!
    good luck with it
    Dave

All great ideas. Thank you for all the help so far. I have not had a chance to go work on it again because it is ridiculously cold right now and my shop isnt heated. In the meantime I have been researching a lot which led me to another question... who would have thought right?

Anyways I am poking around on 6x6parts and am wondering if these two parts serve the same purpose or not:

https://6x6parts.com/max-iv-6x6-atv-...yle-18003.html

https://6x6parts.com/e-z-shift-kit-m...nt-clone-.html

Thanks!

Colin

-bump-

Anyways I am poking around on 6x6parts and am wondering if these two parts serve the same purpose or not
    Yes these two serve the same purpose. The difference is the EZ shift kit with the springs allows you to shift into forward or reverse without having to rock the machine (the internal gears of the T20 transmission sometimes don't line up well and have to be moved just a bit to go into gear).

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber View Post
    Yes these two serve the same purpose. The difference is the EZ shift kit with the springs allows you to shift into forward or reverse without having to rock the machine (the internal gears of the T20 transmission sometimes don't line up well and have to be moved just a bit to go into gear).
    Ok great. Thank you for the info!

+ Reply to Thread