Press for axle seals

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Press for axle seals

Press for axle seals

How large of a press is needed for installing axle seals in the outer flange? Harbor Freight has a one ton press pretty cheap and I'm wondering if it would work.

No Press required, just a simple seal driver is all you need

https://www.amazon.ca/Astro-Pneumati...32872685&psc=1

if you are planning on keeping this machine for a while upgrade the bearings to the Hdi bearings its worth the money.

I'll second the seal driver. They are handy. If you have a big enough vice and some soft jaws for a socket or the seal driver that's just the right size does good for pressing them in.

My jury is out on just how much better the HDI bearings really are. Quality bearings that are properly lubed is what I recommend. The size, load ratings of the bearings don't matter if they are full of water.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaGrizzly View Post

My jury is out on just how much better the HDI bearings really are. Quality bearings that are properly lubed is what I recommend. The size, load ratings of the bearings don't matter if they are full of water.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Meh, I just use a socket of the appropriate size and drive 'er in......

+ Reply to Thread