Tracks and phragmitis

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Tracks and phragmitis

Yes sir 3x first time I felt like death it was awful 2 nd time no fever just runny nose this time no fever just a cough but I feel fine, wife has me on lockdown tho. I get a antibody check once every 6 months, so far so good I’m up at 23% antibodies where as the shot puts you from 3%-7%. This is all here say I’m not a doctor nor claim to be but I haven’t had the shot, so I pay attention to my antibodies. Can anyone tell me if I have to pull the motor in a 2003 response 18 hp to put in a new starter and solenoid?

Quote Originally Posted by Delduck View Post
    Can anyone tell me if I have to pull the motor in a 2003 response 18 hp to put in a new starter and solenoid?
    No need to pull engine to do solenoid, if it is not up on the hood frame it will be hose clamped to starter.
    You also do not need to pull the engine to change the starter but it is a chore due to lack of sight. You can use a mirror for better view, there are 2 small screws holding a guard around the drive that needs to be removed first, then just to tricky bolts holding starter. You must be careful not to pinch the stator wires as that will short the charging system. I'll try to get a pic later.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Yes sir 3x first time I felt like death it was awful 2 nd time no fever just runny nose this time no fever just a cough but I feel fine, wife has me on lockdown tho. I get a antibody check once every 6 months, so far so good I’m up at 23% antibodies where as the shot puts you from 3%-7%. This is all here say I’m not a doctor nor claim to be but I haven’t had the shot, so I pay attention to my antibodies. Can anyone tell me if I have to pull the motor in a 2003 response 18 hp to put in a new starter and solenoid?
    Wow 3 bouts of COVID...that's crazy!! Coworkers of mine have had it and they said the same thing that it was brutal. Some of them still have lingering issues like no taste, smell, cough, labored breathing and it's been months since they had it. How I haven't gotten it is beyond me because I was around several of those coworkers right before they were diagnosed and I didn't get it. Well...didn't develop any symptoms that is. Could've been asymptomatic and wouldn't have known without a test...Cup

Had to bring the machine back to the barn, hopefully just a batt problem. Tires were spinning in the tracks today. I didn’t do any real riding over phrag, just started the machine did a pass over stuff that was down and swam across the ditch. Getting out on the other side she was slipping. I have not checked anything yet, but figured I’d get some ideas. Not use to these plastic tracks, my rubber ones I didn’t have these problems I just broke things until one member told me to remove the front chains.

What's the latest with the phragmites?

We’re having some simple problems with the air valves going into the tires. They were dropped off at the shop today and we will see if the phrag is cutting them or what is going on. As far as the materials binding up in the tubs, it seems with the little ice we have had it is cutting it away from the axles. At least that is our guess since that is the only thing that has changed. We are doing a clean out after about 1/2 hr drive time. Last problem was heat in engine compartment. So we knew we couldn’t take the hoods off because they would fill up with debris so we installed a 3” bilge blower motor for a boat to bring fresh air in from the seating area since that’s the one place that doesn’t get full of stalks and junk. After the 20th we will be full at it so we’re trying to fix the problem now before we start putting some serious hours/ miles on the machines. We’re at 35 miles now and only have 1 1/2 ac down. This section we’re in is 14 ft tall. We took the old max out the other day, to try to make the Argos look bad, but there wasn’t any difference on the rubber tracks vs the plastic. You can only go over the wall of phrag with 1/2 the machine any more than that and they come to a complete stop in about 10 ft.

theres been a used prinoth type tracked machine near my town for sale. when i drove by last summer it was still sitting there . looked to be a little bigger than a marsh master . looked in fairly good shape . if you ever want me to check on it let me know . i would buy it but but it's too big for the trails at busco atv park !! jboy

We’re having some simple problems with the air valves going into the tires. They were dropped off at the shop today and we will see if the phrag is cutting them or what is going on. As far as the materials binding up in the tubs, it seems with the little ice we have had it is cutting it away from the axles. At least that is our guess since that is the only thing that has changed. We are doing a clean out after about 1/2 hr drive time. Last problem was heat in engine compartment. So we knew we couldn’t take the hoods off because they would fill up with debris so we installed a 3” bilge blower motor for a boat to bring fresh air in from the seating area since that’s the one place that doesn’t get full of stalks and junk. After the 20th we will be full at it so we’re trying to fix the problem now before we start putting some serious hours/ miles on the machines. We’re at 35 miles now and only have 1 1/2 ac down. This section we’re in is 14 ft tall. We took the old max out the other day, to try to make the Argos look bad, but there wasn’t any difference on the rubber tracks vs the plastic. You can only go over the wall of phrag with 1/2 the machine any more than that and they come to a complete stop in about 10 ft.
    I had a similar problem with the valve stems on my zero turn lawnmower a couple summers back. Used to own a lot that had a rough uneven section...patchy grass, weeds, rocks, tree roots above ground and giant thorns that flattened my tires numerous times. Never figured out what was damaging the valve stems but I definitely found a cure. After a half dozen valve stem replacements I was fed up and decided to find a solution. Ended up finding all metal valve stems that can be installed without breaking the bead which was an added bonus for obvious reasons. If you're familiar with them already then disregard accordingly but if not and your problems continue I'd say the valve stems I'm talking about are exactly what you need. Lol of course I can't remember what they're called exactly or the brand name but I bought them from Amazon so I could easily find that info if you need it...Cup

John PLEASE check on that machine if you can, I would greatly appreciate it. Love the metal valve stem idea. Just got 2 tires back and they put tubes in them. They said the stems were cut.

John PLEASE check on that machine if you can, I would greatly appreciate it. Love the metal valve stem idea. Just got 2 tires back and they put tubes in them. They said the stems were cut.
    The stems are made by Colby Valve. Package says "Ultimate Tire Valve System". Technically I misspoke, when installed there is a very small portion of the stem right at the base that's rubber. However, it's very small and because it's part of the seal its squeezed so tight that it's very rigid, sturdy etc and I would say next to impossible for phragmites to cut but I could be wrong. They're kinda pricey (2 per package for $28) but well worth it in my opinion. Got them on Amazon if you're interested...Cup

+ Reply to Thread