MaxII in the Sand dunes

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MaxII in the Sand dunes

If you had a set of J-wheelz on a Max IV it should make it to the top and them some.

It's too bad they don't make them for the 21 & 22" tires yet.

I wish I had sand dunes like that to play in. Looks like fun no trees to hit.
    The best I have is beach sand and my j-wheelz make a big diffenece in the sand.

I doubt it would make it to the top with those wheels... This is loose sand , my atc 200x won't go much farther than the max up there..even a Honda 300ex quad barely makes it.. And if ya did ya gotta come back down! Gravity sucks!

Manitoba Canada with an Argo Magnum. Same camera.

Excellent video there Savage!!! I have taken mine to the outerbanks(barrier Islands) and rode and it was a blast. Sand dunes would be a hoot! Thanks for the video.

Thanks lewis! This next trip we are gonna take it around the mountain... It sux though as I'm the only one how has any video skills in our bunch... How much easier can I make it? I mount the camera on the bike and tell them to follow me.. they can't... so i end up taking the best footage and differant angles.. Third person view makes for more interesting video as the audience can see the machine rather than the trail or sand dunes ahead... GunHunter.. try and get behind the machine or in front of it coming at you... just a little tip... It would be cool to see the tracked machin in action..

First day out with the cam. Will try next time but the tracks are coming off the Argo before our next trip.

Check out this video J-wheelz hill climb.

That video is pretty impressive. They work the same on the Max IV. If you didn't make it you could always back down.
    Have fun in the sand.
    If I live were there is sand like that I would use the J-wheelz on a MaxIV.

My Max IV with J-wheelz went up a soft sand hill that I got buried in right away with out them. It was bottoming out and instead of going straight up it pulled it up at a 45 degree angle with the front of the Max IV facing straight up the hill.
    I was really impressed.

a Max2 won't make it up this hill unless it gets towed by an F16 jet... .. for duning we have our TRX450's ...your sand appears to be wetter "chunkier" sand.. ours is dry and powdery
    Last edited by savage 40; 04-28-2010 at 03:15 PM. Reason: spelling

The J-wheelz video, the sand is different and the 4x4's are heavier.

How fast are you guys going? 70?
    Are there any speed limits when running in the sand dunes?

That really looks fun. Who won the hill climb?
    I need to get a banshee, or a sand rail, when I come out there.

How is the ride in a Max in that type of sand? It looks soft and forgiving.

Looks like your running on top of the sand so your not sinking in much. J-wheelz only help when you sink in.

Looks like the side by sides sink in.
    How far do the sides by sides make it up that hill?

One toy ain't enough!!

Thanks for the video always wanted to do that?

Pretty good guess! My bike runs 53mph up the hill and my buddies nitrous bikes was hitting 65... Until it blew up! I have a one legged buddie that is not scared! He runs 86 mph on his banshee shifting with his left hand (on another video of mine) . The sand robs you of power ... Rhinos only make it half way up, RZRs do alot better.. This sand is like loose powdered snow. The max is fun up there because it is so differant and out of the norm. A nice comfy ride around the mountain and gets all the attention.

+ Reply to Thread