Heavily modified Attex

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heavily modified Attex

Talking Heavily modified Attex

This is the story of my Attex, now named the Yeti (or abominable snowman). I purchased this Attex as just a body and a frame, no engine, no trans, no wheels. I did not have a lot to start with, and the bottom of the tub had some bad cracks and holes in it. It sat around for quite a while before I decided what to do with it, finally I decided I would build it purposely for driving in snow. I took the hydrostatic transmissions from two cub cadet lawn mowers and a 32 ci military 4 cyl engine for the drivetrain. I took the tracks and bogie wheels from a pair of junk arctic cat snowmobiles. It is chain driven from the hydrostatics to the front of each track. I built the cab out of 3/4" conduit, with a plexiglass windshield, and heavy clear vinyl for doors. My top speed is limited by the low hp engine, but at lower speed, it has torque to crawl over anything. Now I just need some snow to try it out in.
    Attached Images
    I don't want to go fast, I just want to go anywhere.

nice job !!!!!
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

Wow, how does it work! Sounds like you have some good fabricating skills!

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    Wow, how does it work!
    The engine drives both hydrostatics using a belt and pulley, the output shaft of the tranny has a sprocket that drives a chain that runs to the track drive wheel. There are two tanks under the seat to hold the hydraulic oil for each tranny. The laterals are connected to the tranny control lever using a car shifting cable, push for forward, pull for reverse.

Sounds like a good set up. I guess what I meant to ask is how well does it work?

Also, can you please get a video of it? I love custom builds and would love it see it in action.

I take some video of it as soon as we get some snow here, so I can really test it out. I can't wait to se how well it does in the really deep stuff.

Very unique! The snowboard mounted on the side is a nice touch.

Nice mods!

very very cool I need to get some tracks on mine this winter great job on that attex
    1969 Gip-Sea four stroke conversion 1983 honda Big Red 200E engine
    1969 ATTEX ST/300/D four stroke conversion 18HP vanguard V-twin

Excellent work! Creativity maximus!

+ Reply to Thread