Vendetta high performance AATV tires by Mudd-Ox

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Vendetta high performance AATV tires by Mudd-Ox

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    Don't thank me. I'm on propaganda watch, and this one's ripe.
    Quote Originally Posted by fmints View Post
    HA HA HA HAH AH HAHHA HHA HHAH HA HA H AH HA!!! Laughing so hard right now!!
    MIke you had me laughing pretty good with that one too. Propaganda watch on a site for the promotion of amphibious ATVS.

Propaganda, noun, information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc.
    information, esp. of a biased nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.
    "he was charged with distributing enemy propaganda"
    synonyms: information, promotion, advertising, publicity, spin

Yep pretty much describes any message board dedicated to a specific hobby. You should be very busy indeed.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Quote Originally Posted by kghills View Post
    MIke you had me laughing pretty good with that one too. Propaganda watch on a site for the promotion of amphibious ATVS.

Propaganda, noun, information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc.
    information, esp. of a biased nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.
    "he was charged with distributing enemy propaganda"
    synonyms: information, promotion, advertising, publicity, spin

Yep pretty much describes any message board dedicated to a specific hobby. You should be very busy indeed.

Keith.

After watching that video Keith, we need to find a way to get you to spin your tires as fast as you try to spin facts. I personally don't like to drive my MAX slower than I mow the lawn. When I see a patch of mud I don't think I want to become friends with it and hang out, I think "I wonder how fast I need to go to hydroplane across it without bending an axle when I hit the other side?"
    -----\
    OOO-(
    Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, then beat you to death with stupidity!

Quote Originally Posted by MAX IV Mark View Post
    After watching that video Keith, we need to find a way to get you to spin your tires as fast as you try to spin facts. I personally don't like to drive my MAX slower than I mow the lawn. When I see a patch of mud I don't think I want to become friends with it and hang out, I think "I wonder how fast I need to go to hydroplane across it without bending an axle when I hit the other side?"
    I understand what your saying Mark. Sadly, for what you are after the old Hustler is not that kind of machine and with the gearing and maximum RPM of the old flat head it is stuck at lawnmower speed at best as is its design plus I don't think the stock axles take much to bend. The Vendettas on it will get a variation of Adair tracks with urethane inserts sort of a variation from what I saw you did with putting a rubber cover over your grousers. Also keep in mind your style of driving is one segment of the market, Many who purchase the AATVs are only after the slower speeds and many are also tracked so the deep mud performance of the tires is of little concern and they are looking at the other attributes the Vendettas offer when the tracks are removed.

There is a very sunny side to this all however. Soon every new Max II, Max IV, Buffallo and Mudd-OX will sport nothing but Vendettas. I am told Vendetta sales are also better than originally expected. Matt has been ordering so many Vendettas from Hoosier that Hoosier has decided to try and inventory them rather than wait for Matt's orders. Matt also attends a number of events throughout the year and tends to bring a number of machines with Vendettas. The result will be all sorts of Vendettas on all sorts of machines with all sorts of drivers using all sorts of driving techniques. Matt also allows people to test drive his machines at the events from what I have seen. I would encourage you to ask him to allow you to try and bend an axle at Ashtabula this year. I think the longer video from Haspin has the Mudd-OX spinning the tires like your after. I can see if I can "spin" up a short video highlighting it for you.

Keith.

hi kghills
    The vendetta appears to be more comfortable than a rawhide correct ?
    The flotation improved since they have a greater air capacity ?
    Traction at lower speed has improved
    A few suggestions as to why,
    a greater lug count ??
    the tire/lugs are wider giving a greater bite ??
    The performance of the vendetta in sticky thick mud is still limited as the tread pattern still fills up but its threshold is still far greater than the rawhide [once again due to its lug count and width ]. By threshold I am referring to the point at which nil traction occurs ..Please explain your experiences.
    cheers
    tomo

Hello Tomo, here is another Vendetta specific video showing a more aggressive driving style than I usually use and fitted on modern machines. Hopefully it will answer some of your questions.

Hope that helps, Keith.

Money talks!!! How much for 26/12/14
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Give Mudd-Ox a call. Then you can post what they quote you. I swapped some ballon tires, some Rawhides and a couple vintage machines for mine so I don't really know for sure what they run exactly. I just figured between 150-200 for my trade.

Keith.

Talked to Mudd-ox today. For the 26/12/12 and 26/12/14 they're $187.00 a piece. The 14 wide require a 1 inch spacer for my max Iv at $35.00 a piece.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone9 View Post
    Money talks!!! How much for 26/12/14

You beat me to it tbone...

$187 for the tire. $250 for a tire and rim. News - Mudd-Ox

1" spacers are $29 each at Adair Argo. http://www.adairargosales.com/index....ies/extensions

Sounds like BIG bucks for the set,,, $1,122 for the tires, $1,500 for the tire and rims, and $174 for the 1" spacers.
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

+ Reply to Thread