MaxIV winch mount dimensions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MaxIV winch mount dimensions

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood02 View Post
    here is a jpeg i drew up on the Max IV mount, hope i didn't miss anything ,it's all made from 1/8" steel
    I have been meaning to follow up with this thread for a while. First, to thank Robinhood02 again for posting the template, and second, to share my experience with using the template. I have been wanting to build a winch mount for my wife's Max IV for quite a while now so that she would have something to pull me out with. I finally got around to building one and decided to use this template. I knew that it was a template for the newer style winch mount found on the newer bodied Max IV's. The Max IV I was building the mount for was an older style body, so I wasn't sure that it would work. I decided to start with a paper template to check. I cut out the template, taped it, and held it on the front of the machine. It looked like it was going to be a good fit so I built it as drawn.

When I got the mount made, I held it up to the body, and when it was flush against the front of the body, the mount was angled down about 10 degrees too much. I ended up having to make the main mount at a 90 degree angle instead of having the back of the mount angled back 3/4" as shown. The only other change I had to make was with the external lower part of the mount. Instead of having the bottom angle at 45 degrees as drawn, I had to bend it to ~60 degrees.

Again, this is with an older style Max IV body. On top of that, the lip of this body was very mangled and pushed up, so I had to heat and attempt to straighten the body before I could even start measuring for the mount. This template definitely saved me lots of time measuring, and I ended up with something that is braced very well just like the factory mount. I am very pleased with the outcome, and again I have to thank Robinhood02 for taking the time to draw this up.

Hopefully my couple of notes will give anyone looking to use this template on an older style Max IV a few places to double check and measure before they begin. Here's a couple pictures of the finished product:

Winch

Very nice
    Thank You
    I will show this to my friends at machine shop and have them make one for me

IMG_0746.jpgIMG_0745.jpgI tried something different. No flex.

+ Reply to Thread