Sheet Metal Cab?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sheet Metal Cab?

Well I went to Home depot today to check on the materials to make a insulated top for the Argo and the polywall sheathing is only rated for -20F and the high rate of expansion and contraction with such large temperature extremes not good enough for interior Alaska. Plan B ??? Alaska Custom Canvas or Argo Convertible, $$$$ Must get reviews from other members on success and failures of each, maybe time for another thread.

With the temps your dealing with, that might be a good idea. But, I guess it's all about the money. I want to build a top to save money. I know that tops can run new around anywhere from 500 to 1000. I live in Minnesota and we get temps in the -20 to -30's alot. A lot of times we are colder than Alaska and it makes me think what am I doing here. I could be living in Alaska and probably have just the same temps but also have the beauty that you guys have. I hope to find something that is durable, sewable and lasting. I'm still on the hunt and decided against sheet metal for the time being. Let me know if you have found something reasonable if you decide to build a cab.
    Wheeler
    "I'm NOT stuck, I'm just temporarily stopped"

friends, check under ''united states plastic corp. '' . they have all kinds of sheeting. lists some that are good to minus 40 deg. johnboy va.

Quote Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
    Thanks
    I'm gonna check on luan tomorrow. Do a little pricing. I'm a little curious what you mean by the stitch and glue technique?
    they sell luan "aka 1/4" underlayment" at Home Depot for $10 per 4x8 sheet. stuff is brittle and all warped. but its light and cheap. could be a good start if you cover it with something I think.

+ Reply to Thread