Another max 4 rebuild

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Another max 4 rebuild

I’ve had great luck with powder coating. The local place I deal with runs black every day so the price was very reasonable. Might be worth looking in to.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

I own a decent gun and have access to an oven that will (barely) fit my frame so I would be doing it myself. I've been powdercoating all of the small parts as I've gone along.

Quote Originally Posted by phabib View Post
    I own a decent gun and have access to an oven that will (barely) fit my frame so I would be doing it myself. I've been powdercoating all of the small parts as I've gone along.
    I'd have to sand blast the frame first before the coating. It's in rough shape but I think if indo the paint right and keep it maintained well should last good long time. I hope....

Ok quick question. Have damage to body that needs to be repaired. Lower tub more specifically. I have read the tub is either abs or hdpe. I used acetone and put it on the tub it evaporates and the tub doesn't feel that it got tacky at all. With that I'd assume it's a hdpe tub right? Based on the pics if anyone can confirm this It would be appreciated

It's HDPE. Plastic welding is the fix.

Quote Originally Posted by liflod View Post
    It's HDPE. Plastic welding is the fix.
    Thanks. I'll try it out. Might not come out pretty just hope it holds

The thing runs. We got our slowest leaking 4 tires on it and drove it around a little. Now we need to adjust the transmission to make turning more responsive and we're good to go. Then take it all back apart to paint or powdercoat the frame. It is getting closer. I asked in the tire topic, but I also need to figure out what tires to get.

Quote Originally Posted by phabib View Post
    The thing runs. We got our slowest leaking 4 tires on it and drove it around a little. Now we need to adjust the transmission to make turning more responsive and we're good to go. Then take it all back apart to paint or powdercoat the frame. It is getting closer. I asked in the tire topic, but I also need to figure out what tires to get.
    I need to get tires aswell.. what mine had on it was a mix match set of 12x26. im still filling in the large gashes to the tub. I seems to be coming together but man it takes so long to do. have to be patient or ill overtempt and burn the plastics.. gah.. I want it done now lol

After spending way too much of my Sunday looking at tires online when I should have been doing taxes or paying bills, I'm probably going to stick with the 25x12-9 Rawhide IIIs that are on there now. I was hoping to find a cheaper tire, and they're out there, but all of them are 4 or 6 ply and my aging bones need all the shock damping the two ply Rawhide can provide. When you limit the search to two ply, and want something that could swim at least a little, the Rawhides are the most affordable thing out there. Best price I found was $110 with shipping included. Still a lot of money but only a couple hundred more than the cheaper tires that I'm afraid will be too stiff, won't swim, or both.

So the max rebuild got put on the back burner a while due to other priorities. I'm cleaning up the lose rust on the frame and going to paint it. Some areas concern me a bit in terms of thickness. I'm afraid of the frame going to crap when I have it together. Should I be worried or roll with it? Almost wish I could get my hands on a spare for safe keeping lol

+ Reply to Thread