Axle weight question on max ii

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Axle weight question on max ii

Axle weight question on max ii

I have a 96 maxii with the older hollow axles.... Except the front right axle was previous replaced with the much heavier solid one. I have restored the entire machine and gotten a few rides in and now working out a few bugs. I have noticed the atv tends to slightly pull to the right and i have already did the tire pressure check as well as measuring each tire circumfance...which did help some. However, there is still a very slight pull to right and now i am wondering if the pull might be from the weight of the solid right front axle.?.. Or am i overthinking this? ... Possibly swap this axle to the rear?

Are you pushing both sticks forward equally or relying on the spring pressure to drive it? Are the sticks even in movement travel?

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

yes both sticks are aligned very well. and movement is equal in travel. The way it is now...every 100-150 ft or so I have to do a quick tap back once on the left stick to compensate/correct the direction

Could also be the type ground you are riding on. I noticed mine will do the same on hard dirt but not on gravel or softer dirt trails (slightly muddy). I have adjusted the travel on the sticks and adjusted the plungers on the trans and did the tire thing as you described. Mine is still the same.

If I want one to travel perfectly straight usually end up with unequal air pressure side to side. 1/2 pound in air pressure makes a difference. I prefer mine to track left so I can drive on decent ground one handed. If you are thinking weight load something heavy in one side and try it.

If you're testing it out on a road most roads are slightly pitched to the right or ditch side which might explain the pull.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

+ Reply to Thread