Snapped another axle

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Snapped another axle

Snapped another axle

New front axle snapped at the C-clip groove and threw the track. 6.5 hours winching in -26 degree weather followed by a 6km walk to my truck.....

No front chains, tires at 5psi with 3" slack in middle. This one snapped cruising a smooth trail with 3' of powder.

I need a source for QUALITY Max axles.

Last edited by Canadian_Zuk; 01-09-2017 at 08:11 PM.

Thats not pritty !!

Did your bearing cages not hold up? Axle looks to be sitting in a position that should not be attainable with cages.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    Did your bearing cages not hold up? Axle looks to be sitting in a position that should not be attainable with cages.
    No, I'm an idiot and only completed one side of the machine. I fixed and upgraded the side that broke an older original axle. This one here was a newer axle I had just replaced but I hadn't caged it yet. I was crossing my fingers that I would make it through until spring being new and all lol. Oh well, expensive lesson learned.

-26 degree WOW

where did the mishap occur zuk?im in the barrie area and can usually help a guy out.

That sucks

That's to bad about the axle and worse yet about the aftermath. I think I am going to get my local machinist to make me a spare out of real good steel ,if he can do it

Quote Originally Posted by Delduck View Post
    -26 degree WOW
    Yeah, it sucked lol

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    where did the mishap occur zuk?im in the barrie area and can usually help a guy out.
    It happened at my property near the Ottawa Valley, about 50km North of Bon Echo park. It's good to know good fellows, I'm always available to help whoever needs it as well provided I'm able too. That's a big part of the attraction to these types of hobbies for me, the network of great people you get to meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Madtrapper View Post
    That sucks

That's to bad about the axle and worse yet about the aftermath. I think I am going to get my local machinist to make me a spare out of real good steel ,if he can do it
    That's where I'm at now. I've sent a PM to a fellow on the board here asking him for 2 of the axles he makes without the C-clip grooves in them. I want to get up and running again with a spare axle on hand.

Its good you guys got out. Where we ride each summer, going about thirty miles, with no trees. I hope we never break an axle. Enjoy the repair, its fun most times.
    Last edited by Rusty-Gunn; 01-10-2017 at 09:12 PM.
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

-26 degrees WOW.

Too cold for me, I'd much rather be sitting around the fireplace sipping a nice Merlot when it gets that cold. In extreme conditions things fail too often, that same axle might have survived the ride at not so extreme cold.

+ Reply to Thread