Disappointed in my MAX11

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointed in my MAX11

Whats the diff..????
    Maxheadroom..!!

Everyone had some great advice and I especially agree with Bridget's post on holding the laterals forward. It's very easy to get used to the springs holding the sticks forward on even terrain. Then when you get on a steep hill and have lots of other things to worry about, it's easy to forget to push all the way forward.

When on a really steep hill I think a lot of people also get worried when they can't make it all the way up because they don't know what to do then. But the easiest thing to do if you find yourself in that situation is to continue to hold the sticks forward and feather the throttle to gradually let yourself back down the hill a little at a time.

Going forward down a really steep hill, it's best to come to a complete stop before it gets to the steep part and slowly let the sticks go a little and then pull back a little, let go a little and then pull back a little and walk yourself down the hill.

You found out the hard way about shifting mid hill. My wife did the same thing this past weekend. It's best to turn sideways if you can so that you don't continue to roll but also use the foot brake if you have one.

Like everyone else said you will gradually become more confident and get to know the six wheeler better. I think the best thing to do is find a small hill and just practice over and over getting braver with each try. Eventually you will be able to show that quad who's boss.

Quote Originally Posted by maxheadroom View Post
    Whats the diff..????
    With Amphiman's amphicats they don't run so you never have to worry about getting into situations like that. If a miracle happens and they do run he just puts around the yard anyway.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    With Amphiman's amphicats they don't run so you never have to worry about getting into situations like that. If a miracle happens and they do run he just puts around the yard anyway.
    sure they run. ask jeff and a few others. hehehe sorry Mike, no t20's

Quote Originally Posted by maxheadroom View Post
    Whats the diff..????
    Amphicat borg warners don't leave you with lots of rebuilds or the dangers of trying to shift into reverse on odd hills etc. loosing your control of the aatv(braking)
    Last edited by Mike; 12-07-2009 at 11:09 PM. Reason: merged two consecutive posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amphiman1 View Post
    You guys wonder why i have amphicats? alot less "problems" No winch required either...
    One & Only San, you much humor.

EVERYTHING that has moving parts has problems eventually. But you have to be moving once in a while to test that theory.

Gotcha!

Bridget

Smile moving,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Model Citizen View Post
    One & Only San, you much humor.

EVERYTHING that has moving parts has problems eventually. But you have to be moving once in a while to test that theory.

Gotcha!

Bridget
    Gotcha ,there too at ashtabula...
    Last edited by Amphiman1; 12-07-2009 at 11:21 PM.

Amphicat borg warners don't leave you with lots of rebuilds or the dangers of trying to shift into reverse on odd hills etc. loosing your control of the aatv(braking)
    Gees, A T-20 really isn't THAT tuff to control.

Bridget

Smile hum,,,,

i guess the repeated repairs and costs are something you get used to , too,

Did'nt mean to start a Turf War..

LOL

Max..
    Maxheadroom..!!

Gotcha ,there too at ashtabula...
    I have NO IDEA what you mean One & Only. I need to read a complete thought to understand here. Repeat after me, subject, verb, predicate.

You mean we need a Battle of the Sexes @ Ashtabula? You in your Amphicat & me in the SS. It'll be like Billie Jean King & That Bobbie what's- his- name.

Bridget

+ Reply to Thread