max II sitting for 10 yrs

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: max II sitting for 10 yrs

Smile

Well guys I finally own a max I took all of what everyone posted and went the 262 miles to look at it. It is in great shape the guy that had it took really good care of it runs drives perfect 2800 for an 89 with seat belts and roll bar the mach really was well cared for and maintained the only thing I can find wrong is the stick return springs are off but I kind of like it that way after driving Max's with them on. Thanks to all for the posts on it being stored for 10 yrs Know I know you guys will want to see pics I have to take some.What a fun toy they are.

Congratulations. I'm sure you can't wait to hit the trails. Like you said, the springs aren't a big deal at all. A lot of people like them off, it's just personal preference. Looking forward to pics and video.

I thought I would finally post a pic of my machine.Mods I have made are split shift,chain adjusters,winch,custom racks front back,and 100 amp alternator. Wow writing all that done just made me realize I am sooo... hooked on my machine. I can't wait to afford tracks.

100 amp alternator Wow! I can't find your pictures.

Max 6 Wheel Drive

pictures

Finally figured out how to upload pictures,turns out all a guy has to do is read the faq about uploading pictures.I hope somebody looks at the photos I have dial up and it took forever to upload them.max pictures dec 2010 003.jpgmax pictures dec 2010 002.jpg

Nice looking Max. I like the hinged rack.

Thanks Mike. Both racks are hinged front hinges foward and back rack hinges to rear. I have a pic of the rear rack hinged up but with how long the upload is...... well I am not that patient.

Quote Originally Posted by nairb35 View Post
    I thought I would finally post a pic of my machine.Mods I have made are split shift,chain adjusters,winch,custom racks front back,and 100 amp alternator. Wow writing all that done just made me realize I am sooo... hooked on my machine. I can't wait to afford tracks.
    Can you post pics and details of the 100 amp alternator upgrade. I'd love to see how it was done on a Max II Vanguard machine. Uncle Vin

well I am sorry but I have the 16hp tecumseh motor. I will take some pics tommaro so maybe it will help sombody.I made a very bad (hope my boss never sees this drawing) hand drwaing of what I fabbed up. hope someone besides me can make heads or tails of it. It bols to the rear hitch mount ing holesScannedImage.jpg

+ Reply to Thread