Buffalo Truck

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Buffalo Truck

I have some photos, Mike, both with tracks and without. My Buffalo also has a 6 1/2 foot snowplow blade and a trailer.

KTCole

KTCole, it would be cool to see some pics of a buffalo truck in action. They sure look like they would be a great rig to camp/hunt out of.

This is fantastic.Buffalo trucks are rare and I really appreciate hearing about them.LOL I want one!

hello Eldon these buffalo trucks are of interest to me too, i bought 2 of them but they haven't got here yet so i'm quite excited ,did you know that Argos offered boxes allmost exactly like these but dropped the option some yrs ago due to lack of sales .
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

I like the way they look and like there name too
    8x8 twice as good as 4x4

KTcole-

Your Truck looks great!! First one I've ever seen with the roll cage, window and soft top installed. Agree with Mike that the big tires & blacked out wheels make it look bad to the bone. Would love to see pics or video of it with the plow hooked up and working. Do you use it mainly for utility work on a jobsite or beast of burden at home? Either way, it's one brutishly handsome rig. Cheers!

I knew Argo did have this option.It was quite pricey though.A Max dealer,and he had a "new" 1995 for sale,told me that they weren't as capable in soft ground as the Max II or IV because of their weight.
    Another dealer told me he had never sold one as most people preferred towing a trailer.The unload option of dumping though is very attractive.They look to me like a terrific unit.Layout wise they are closer related to the Max II than the IV.I like them.

Humpty Doo, Northern Territory, Australia
    [IMG]
    Here is me exiting a creek at our favourite camping spot in the Buffalo. There was a washout that was quite deep, but it got through no worries. The dogs bailed out of the tray, too steep for them!

Very impressive Aussiemax!What is the horsepower of your Buffalo?

Humpty Doo, Northern Territory, Australia
    It's the standard 23hp Kohler. We've only done about 90 hours with it in 2 1/2 years, but most of those were in deep mud or terrain like the picture. We load all our camping gear in it, rather than take our 4x4's. When we get to our spot, we use it to haul fire wood. After that the tray becomes the kitchen bench! We have tons of photos of it in action, I'll upload some more into the gallery next week. We are trying to edit some videos, but we need a converter for the file type our camera uses.

+ Reply to Thread