i did it i bent my front axle

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: i did it i bent my front axle

i did it i bent my front axle

Well folks i did it i bent my front right axle lol i hit a root under water in a mud hole and the tire went down quick ,,,do i change it ,, or do i replace it it goes up and down when i take for a spin ,,,it sounds like it is in a bind when it is moving ,,,so i take it is bad enough to be fixed .

Congratulations awesomepossum66! Good News....You're now not a rookie anymore. Bad News... going to have to fix that axle.

Bridget

If it is binding then you definitely need to fix or replace it before you ruin something else. You can usually press them back into shape and save yourself some cash. It just takes a little time. Put the axle in a press with a piece of wood between it and the press so that you don't mess up the surface of your axle. Roll the axle until the high side is up. Press it down with the press. Then take the axle out, roll it on a flat surface and watch what it does. If it still wobbles, mark it and repeat. It usually takes several times to get it just right.

lol yea i have a shop near my house that can fix it i think ,,,,should i replace any thing else that goes with that axle inside ,,and out

Just check the bearings while you are in there and be sure to properly reseal the flanges to the body. There is a how-to on the site showing you what to do and which products to use. It uses a Max II but the process is still basically the same for your Max IV: How to replace axles and bearings in your AATV

Hey i talk to route6x6 today and they told me that i should just replace the axle so thats what im going to do ,, that way i know i got it right ,,and why i am in there i going to change the bearing to ,, i will use the site you sent me mike ,,thanks jim

A dealer will always say replace it, but if the $$ is not an issue, a bent and straightened axle will bend more easily. My wolf has developed a hop from an axle JBF and Race helped me straighten out at Busco last April.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

+ Reply to Thread