MaxII split shift modification "How to" video

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: MaxII split shift modification "How to" video

You made it look easy Larry. Thanks.
    So whats the maximum 360's you can do before you throw up?

Whipper

I have my max split also and it work great. If you get in a tight creek and have to do a 180 it pivots right now. It also make the transmission shift much easier. Another nice mod is to put you steering shafts in a pipe bender and give them more tweak to the left so you are not sitting in the middle. It really helps if you take passengers along.

Thanks for posting this larry ill have to change mine when i get back to it.

Great job, Larry. You made it look easy, and what's more you made it look like a factory job. I'll bet that we see lots more machines with a split shift soon!
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Cool Larry! After having ridden in a machine without the s/s, once you have built and installed it, then driven the machine, you can't help but ask yourself "now why didn't I do this sooner?" The wild part is: now you don't do donuts, only the holes! I have done so many "holes" in soft dirt(not mud) that I almost high centered, the tub was rubbing the ground under the center-Yikes, talk about dizzy!

Although the quick turning is a definite advantage and always a plus, I only use that feature as a must. The thing I like most about having the 2 stick shifter is the super easy shifting from forward to reverse for "normal driving" (as if any of us drive NORMAL) Another plus is that it is always easy to know if the tranny is completely in gear on each side, I blew a shift collar last summer while still running my SCSLCASS(Super Confusing Single Lever Cable Actuated Split Shifter) I have no doubt that this would NOT have happened with a 2stick. Having seen how well Mudbugs worked after I built it, I put on the old thinking cap and chopped up the SCSLCASS and built a 2stick for the 950, and now the 980 also.

Congratulations and good job

Greenville, South Carolina, United States, 107600062603098, Greenville, South Carolina
    After i get back from busco trip on 4/ 11 i got to get my done like that again thanks for the video larry

That is AWESOME!! Too bad I'm not a welder, or I'd be taking apart my shifter today!
    Check out my new YouTube channel, TWANGnBANG.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TWANGnBANG

Quote Originally Posted by nammit View Post
    I have my max split also and it work great. If you get in a tight creek and have to do a 180 it pivots right now. It also make the transmission shift much easier. Another nice mod is to put you steering shafts in a pipe bender and give them more tweak to the left so you are not sitting in the middle. It really helps if you take passengers along.
    could you post a picture of your modified shift levers ... would love to see how much bend you have

ill just bet it will save ware and tare on the bearings on those sharp stand still turns. i am going to change mine as soon as i round up a welder.wish i had learned to do this.just never had the opportunity. my welds look like a chicken peck lol.

Thanks for sharing Larry, this is a have to mod for me.
    What size where the parts you used, especially the "collar" piece.
    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread