The Ultimate Bearings

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Bearings

Awesome, WFO, I have Whipper's 1 1/4" Axles, and therefore the bolt-pattern to match (Used his Jig) On my Racer. Soo, What would I be looking at for 6 of these with Aluminum housings? ( for above mentioned specs) I'm not gonna have it ready for Ash this year, so with 13 months to be ready, I darn-well better make it worth the 2 1/2 year build time
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

im pretty much ready for production on the ULTIMATE BEARING..
    ive got new specs and new vender, so ill pm you with were im at

WFO

Hi , i am interested in your housings they are way improved over the factory setup
    First a few questions
    Are both inner and outer bearings only pressed into housing?
    [apart from the outer having a locking collar ]
    Is there nothing else that retains them in the housing

In relation to the above questions is there a slight difference in design between the early [photo fitted to max][bearings retained by a nut etc ] [photo if possible ] compared to the later tapered unit where there appears to be no retaining ??

tomo

ok.. first these are the outer bearings of the vehicle the inners will be what ever your using now or, what i use as inners are
    the larger 72 mm bearings on a spacer and redrilled flanges to accomidate the smaller bolt pattern..now the outers are pressed
    inplace and when you install them and center everything up and true, then you slide the lock ring away from the bearing and drill through the hole in the bearing coller that is exposed into the axle slightly in 2 places on the coller for the set screws..once the inner bearing is locked into place and the outer is drilled and locked inplace it will not move...if the inner bearing comes apart then all you do
    is loosen the inner bearing assymbly and unbolt the outer bearing and slide the axle away so inner bearing and flange can be replaced.
    the early photo is the orig prototype and is made from steel billet but is the same bearing as in the later billet aluminum..

WFO
    Hi,
    thanks for info
    Back ground is that i am constructing a new chassis for my swamp fox and as u can imagine incorporating a few new / updated ideas etc
    Hydraulic attex brakes
    Inner 72mm bearings double seal
    Outers were going to be 72mm triple seal with eccentric locking self locating in original style pressed metal flange

Further to my inquiry
    i have enquired with the bearing resellers and collar locking is not available with cylindrical /parallel bore
    therefore
    is the collar purchased seperately
    Further
    is the bearing u are using a triple seal

I am interested in purchasing housings from u but first i will explore the price of manufacturing locally . Freight is very expensive now USA to AUST
    summary
    if it is possible can u pm me the part numbers and brand for the bearing and collar

thanks
    tomo

ill pm you

so i know some of you that went to the recent races in ohio looked at the ULTIMATE BEARING..so what
    do you think...sticker shock?...i see alot of lookers

wfo, Are these bearings some that I can replace on my Super Swamp fox? Or overkill?
    I realize they are custom, but I missed a price just looking for a guesstimate. I like the idea of grease zerts
    I feel these will be a lifetime investment. A No brainer for me!

Whipper showed me the bearing and I'm impressed. It's VERY nice, and I doubt it will fail before the rest of the machine goes to seed. It would be a sizeable investment: more than I've paid for most of my machines when I bought them, but for a vehicle you plan on keeping and using for a long time it may well be worth the cost. So, how do you make them swivel like that?
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

its all part of the bearing..rollers are oval and roll across the inner race..its pretty cool stuff
    when i first bought these i was the same way..will i keep this forever or what..do i really need them..
    and then i thought about pulling that damn thing down completely just to change a stupid 20 dollar
    bearing.. and everthing is rusted inplace makes it hell..
    never looked back..its been nice all these years riding and not worring about those 20 dollar bearings..

+ Reply to Thread