The Ultimate Bearings

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate Bearings

Cool The Ultimate Bearings

I went down to Tucson last week to get my orange body,and got a close look at some bearings Joe (wfo) has on his Max IV. They are double rollered bearings,sealed on both ends with a 2-1/2" long inner race. He had alum housings made with a bolt circle to match the Max IV. I forgot to take a pic of those. I'm sure he'll do that for us. You can see the size of the grease hole, They will get grease!!
    He has had these in his car for 5 yrs. They seem to be bullet proof. With these bearings he says he doesn't need bearing extensions to run his tracks.
    These will be on any car I build in the future. They will just need different housings for each car.
    He has a pic in his gallery looking back to shore from his Max IV, a mile out in the gulf of California.
    He's a wild man! His Max IV springer kit is in the works.

Whipper
    Attached Images
    Last edited by whipper-ag; 03-23-2010 at 02:52 PM.

Whipper or WFO, I will probably want those on my racer, seeing I may be a touch abusive. Do you guys know part # for these, I have whipper's 1 1/4" axles, and it will be on an Attex. ( I already drilled it out with Whipper's Jig)
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

You must mean this photo! Holy cow!!!!!

Those are Nice! What brand are they?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by whipper-ag View Post
    I went down to Tucson last week to get my orange body,and got a close look at some bearings Joe (wfo) has on his Max IV. They are double rollered bearings,sealed on both ends with a 2-1/2" long inner race. He had alum housings made with a bolt circle to match the Max IV. I forgot to take a pic of those. I'm sure he'll do that for us. You can see the size of the grease hole, They will get grease!!
    He has had these in his car for 5 yrs. They seem to be bullet proof. With these bearings he says he doesn't need bearing extensions to run his tracks.
    These will be on any car I build in the future. They will just need different housings for each car.
    He has a pic in his gallery looking back to shore from his Max IV, a mile out in the gulf of California.
    He's a wild man! His Max IV springer kit is in the works.

Whipper
    Hello Whipper,

correct me if i'm wrong, your friend put together two bearing and joint them externally with a aluminium housing (with the big holes for grease) and he also joint them on the inside with a 2 1/2 aluminium sleeve. As i see, with 2 bearing working together, he made them last for 5 years!!! He must have choose some bigger bearing to accomodate the sleeve and the 1 1/4 shaft together... I really would like to see his new housing for this bearing... On my side, Argo guys, they made some bigger bearing for the 2010 model and i got a friend with a 08 model who got the upgrade already on his machine because of a bearing faillure under warranty... I would love to upgrade all of my bearing with the newer style but we need to change all of our external alum. flange for that... $$$$$$ ching ching...

Martwell
    Last edited by martwell; 03-24-2010 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by martwell View Post
    Hello Whipper,

correct me if i'm wrong, your friend put together two bearing and joint them externally with a aluminium housing (with the big holes for grease) and he also joint them on the inside with a 2 1/2 aluminium sleeve.

Martwell
    There's nothing aluminium on the bearing. The outer sleeve is steel with a hardend inner race. I talked to Joe and I was wrong about the housings. They are steel, not alum. He will post some pics when he gets a chance.

Whipper

Yes your right cha ching but they are bad ass..these bearings are exclusive for
    what i intended to be, water proof and very high load ranges, 4000 lbs of load
    and a good speed rating..the bearing housing outside is steel the inner has a single center race that
    accomidates the spherical bearing to ride back and fourth so as to give a 2.5 degree
    auto adjustment so as not to bind the bearing or axle under loads..the width is also great ive
    ran tracks with these and never had a problem, a little grease and go..the bearing is
    a double roller type so the bearing goes into outer piece from one end and then sealed
    with a threaded preloading lock ring... Very pricey but worth it...ive ran it hard and havent had
    a axle problem like bending yet..i have some pics of it installed but they came out blurry
    ill post as soon as possable..THE HOUSING THAT IT IS IN IS BILLET STEEL AND THE BEARING
    IS PRESSED IN

wfo

I,m looking forward to seeing pictures of the billet steel, bearing housings that you had built for your machine.

ultimate bearings

here are some more pics of these bearings and housings that have
    been on my max for 5 years
    Attached Images

Wow!!! Are those of a tank? lol
    Those sure look beefy. Sounds like they work awesome! Thanks for posting the pictures!

+ Reply to Thread