disc brakes

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: disc brakes

disc brakes

I have been all over this site and have found about every thing a man would like to find as far as a 6x6 goes.But i would like to see a good pic of a MaxIV with ,,Disc Brakes,,in front or in the middle or in the back .So when i show it to my friend that going to put me some on mine he will have a good place to start ,, i have seen some pics on here but if any one has some that they have not put on this site ,,,,i would love to see them .. Thanks ,

Mad Max 500 told me once that these are identical to the setup used in current Maxes. This is what was used in quite a few Attex models (excluding the Chief and ThunderChief).

Attex Brakes - Amphibious ATV Pictures
    Banned

George is right, the Attex front brakes (calipers, pads, etc) are the exact same as the Max ones. Also some earlier Cub Cadet tractors used them as well.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

There are also three or four pictures of my Max II's disc brakes in the how-to section for the Max II axle and bearing replacement.

I talked to the guys at route6x6 they tell me that the brakes on a Attex will not work on my Max IV ,,but they did say the brakes on a Max IV Rim ,,would work great ,,any way does the brakes you guys just showed me work good .Or should i just stick to the drum brakes that i allready have on the Max .I think i can clean them and get some kind of brake out of them .I was hoping to find a way to have disc brakes that dont cost more than the Max did when i bought it lol.

The disc brakes work good but your drum brakes would be fine too. I would stick with the drums and save your money. Other than using them for a parking brake do you even use them for anything else? Just a thought.

I use my foot brake for most long steep hills. It allows me to keep the machine speed down with the foot brake and use the laterals for steering. I would be lost without the foot brake. I've heard bad things about the drums, so I would stay away from them. The old RIM discs on the jack shaft are awesome, but there's no foot pedal for them.

+ Reply to Thread