is this a good deal?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: is this a good deal?

is this a good deal?

2k for a 1996 max 4? new rubber all around.

i am getting it around 1030, what should i double check for?

Hard to judge a book by it's cover. Looks excellent from the outside; lots of bells & whistles to bump up the overall value, and all-new rubber certainly isn't cheap, so that's another bonus. (BTW... a '96 would've had white / silver rims, so those are either re-painted or he bought new ones. Check that out.)

What do the inner guts of the machine look like? Closely inspect frame, chains, engine & tranny, plus the bearings & axles. Check lower tub for cracks / holes. Ask to hear it run and see it drive. After all that, if everything feels right then snap it up! $2k for a Max IV with roll cage, top, winch, driving lights and other goodies seems more than reasonable. If you buy, take lots of pics inside and out. let us know how it goes... and Good Luck!!!

Thanks. I have been looking and as yu said hard to judge a book by its cover. Yet I have looked at a few machines and as far i have seen, if its beat outside, then its beat inside. This is the second owner who traded a bike for it.

He bailed on me this morning. But made new time to go and see him tom. Hope its as nice as it looks, and i was worried if i dont scoop it up that some one else will. Oh well my wife will be pissed either way Oh ya and i have a built honda 2x2 thats race fast, loaded with goodies if anyone is looking for a fast off road toy let me know.

Do you know what the powerplant is? Hopefully it's the 20hp Kohler Command. 18hp B&S will push it around, but the Kohler has more grunt. Then again, you can always swap the motor for a newer, higher HP unit without too much hassle. If the mill is an 18hp Briggs you might be able to sell it here to someone looking to upgrade their Max or an older 6by that's got a tiny 4-stroke or a 2-stroke. Put that $$$ towards a new 25hp+ Kohler or one of the liquid Kawai engine.

First, buy it & live with it for a while to make sure you won't grow tired of it before pumping lotsa moolah into it.

If everything is operational and in decent shape $2000 is a pretty good price. He was asking $4200 for it in his ad.

For things to look for, check out the Used ATV Buyer's Guide

I know but he said he was going biking and if some one paid cash before weekend he would sell it for 2k. That's why I am jumping on it

+ Reply to Thread