Help with new MaxII

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help with new MaxII

Help with new MaxII

Hi, I just bought a 1998 MaxII 18hp 22'' rawhides,
    Any chain advice?
    the front chain on one side sags about 1'' more than the other side.
    and also free spinning the passenger side wheels and the chain binds a bit.
    I see there is adjustment bolts in the middle.
    are they to straighten the sprocket to keep it from binding?
    Any tips for turning?
    it seems to be jumpy when I turn it at low speed.
    Thanks

hi there ; if your chains are not streched equally ,then it is time to change your chains, those bolts are to adjust your jackshaft chains and are not usually a prob, just change your drive chains (all 4) and you should fix the chatter too.
    He who has not cruised the back country in a 6x6 , has not lived life to it's fullest
    A Mans level of mechanical education directly corresponds to the level pain suffered while getting it

some of the chatter when turning is normal for a skid steer machine. it will lessen with more stick time as you learn how to drive the machine. there is a little bit of technique to low speed steering involving how much throttle is used, and how much pressure you put on the sticks... it can't really be explained, but will come quickly with a little more drive time
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Thanks, where is the best place to get a chain?
    Do you make them from a bulk chain, like I use to with a mini bike.
    or do they make specific chain for the max?

max uses 530 O-Ring chain, but regular #50 will work fine as long as you keep it cleaned and lubed. just buy bulk from https://www.motionindustries.com/mot...mii/index.html and cut to length. BUY GOOD CHAIN!!!! the cheap stuff will stretch fast and ruin your sprockets. it will cost WAY MORE in the long run to replace chain a second time, and replace all the sprockets than it would have to just use good chain in the first place. i use either US Diamond or US Tusbaki.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Can you send me the actual product number of a good chain, from that site?
    I am still kind of lost as I google "530 O-Ring chain"

the site is a little confusing and prices seem to always be wrong (site had my bearings at $83 each, called and they are $16). your best bet would be to call the 800 # on Tuesday (closed monday for holiday) and ask for a price on us diamond #530

Question on the Skid Steer, it seems to steer to the left much easyer then the right.
    I can pull the left mid stick going foward and to starts to turn smoothly, but to the right stick I have to pull all the way back to get it to turn and then it turns hard an jerky.
    has anyone tried to add a trans additive to help the skid steer?
    any suggestions?
    Thanks

The T-20 uses Type "F" transmission fluid as well as Limited Slip Additive from General Motors.It comes in a small plastic bottle with 114 ml/4 fluid oz I believe.You could have an adjustment problem as well.There are some superb postings here on adjusting the T-20.I followed the post and adjusted mine and I thought I had a brand new machine! Best of Luck.

my trans has Dexron II on it, is that the same thing?
    Is the trans in my 98 max II a T-20?

+ Reply to Thread