Salt water inside Max II

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Salt water inside Max II

Salt water inside Max II

What do I need to do If I flooded the skid steer with salt water from the coast?
    I went into the water not relized that one of the plugs came out, and before I knew it it was taking on water so I shut off the engine and used my winch to pull my self back in.
    Do I need to change the oil in the skid steer? anything else?
    what type of oil goes in that skid steer?

how full is got will determine what you need to need to do for damage control. if water was up to the top plug in the trans, then you should probably change motor oil, and trany fluid. to change the fluid in the trans, you need to raise the front of the machine off the ground as high as possible. ( i run mine up the ramps to m truck so the front tires are on the tailgate and block the machine so it can't roll) take the top plug out. open a 1 gallon freezer bag and lay it in under the bottom plug. remove the bottom plug and use the bag to catch as much fluid as possible. set the machine back on level ground. pour 1 Qt ATF in the top hole and replace both plugs. (note: one plug is vented... this has to go in the top hole)
    after that, clean the machine really well. pressure wash everything that salt water touched. then use dawn dish soap on a toilet brush to scrub everything you can reach and pressure wash it out again. once the machine is dry, it might be a good idea to spray as much as possible of the interior with WD40.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Thanks will proceed with the oil change and a good cleaning.
    Live and Learn.

also will change the oil in the engie as I don't know the state.
    How many quarts of oil does a 18hp briggs take?
    what about synthetic oil?

+ Reply to Thread