The 'other' Maxes? Max, Max I, Max III?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The 'other' Maxes? Max, Max I, Max III?

The 'other' Maxes? Max, Max I, Max III?

Mine is Max II. There's the Max IV & the Buffalo. Were or are there a regular Max, or Max I? Is or was there a Max III that went between the II & IV, or is the Buffalo a III? How old are Maxes in general & has the design changed much over the years? Just from pics, I see round headlights as opposed to newer rectangular ones.

The maxII is a 2 seater. MaxIV is a 4 seater. Buffalo truck is just a buffalo truck. There has been variations in the names like big max=older 2 stroke jlo399 model with balloon tires. MaxII-4=maxII with 4 stroke tecumseh, plain Max was a jlo295,max 340T =340jlo, MaxIV-2=MaxIV with 484 chap, MavIV-4 had the tecumseh, lots of little variations but there is no maxIII. Not sure exact date on when they started but Im pretty sure it was mid to late '60. Could be wrong though. On top of headlights they changed the axle designs.

Don't forget the track max.
    It was a Max iv with factory tracks and no chain drive to the front & middle axles
    98 Max II Adair Tracks
    96 Max II 22" Mudbugs
    76 Attex (450 Tomahawk?)

+ Reply to Thread