Anyone registered a Max II as a boat in South Carolina?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone registered a Max II as a boat in South Carolina?

Anyone registered a Max II as a boat in South Carolina?

Just checking to see if anyone has registered their AATV as a boat in South Carolina?

Registered a Argo Avenger as a boat in North Carolina. Pretty close. What up?

Did you tell them it was an AATV?
    I want to use mine to fish with.

Greenville, South Carolina, United States, 107600062603098, Greenville, South Carolina
    hey where r u in sc

I live in Greenville SC, but have a house in Mt Pleasant on a tidal creek, which I want to be able to drive out of my back yard through mud down the creek unitl i get in to deep enough water then use a trolling motor and go fishing.

There is a guide in the how-to section that explains the process for a couple of states that may help you out: How to register your ATV as a Boat

Just and update, I called the DNR and they researched it and said it was fine to register as a boat, I gave them the max web site and they said to just take a picture of the vin tag and send it with my registration.
    So I should have it next week

Quote Originally Posted by SCMay View Post
    Just and update, I called the DNR and they researched it and said it was fine to register as a boat, I gave them the max web site and they said to just take a picture of the vin tag and send it with my registration.
    So I should have it next week
    That sounds very easy.........it definitely was not that smooth here in NY (go figure).
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Here in Massachusetts, I just registered my 98 Max IV and the process took almost 3 months. The environmental police division of boating and off road vehicle registrations is the place that handles this and they had no info on these machines, which I found hard to believe . However they had to send an officer to inspect the machine which took about 2 months for him to show up. Then it took another 2 weeks for them to figure out how to classify the machine, then another week for them to ship the registration.
    On the registration there is a spot for type of vehicle ie. watercraft, snowmobile, trail bike and atv. My registration says other. The registration says for land use helmets must be worn and all abstracts pertaining to off road recreational vehicles must be adhered to.
    For use on inland bodies of water all safe boating laws must be adhered to. For off shore and coastal waters federal and U.S. coast guard regulations apply.
    All this for $40.00 for a 2 year registration. Now I am happy.
    My next endeavor is to register in New Hampshire because the state line is about 3 minutes from my house and the 2 states do not reciprocate on off road registrations.

Cheers, Ryan

+ Reply to Thread