Max II Water Performance Question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max II Water Performance Question

Max II Water Performance Question

Hi. I have a question for everyone about my 1998 Max II. When I am in the water, deep enough not to be hitting anything, when i apply throttle it seems the tires spin for a while and then it seems to disengage for a little while and the tires spin slower and then I hear a whine as the power is restored and they spin faster. I can feel the increase in power and more water is churned up as it happens. What would make that happen? It seems as if the transmission does not like the full power without pressure that is happeneing when in water so it lowers power momentarilly. I am not as familair with the actual engineering of these untis as many people on this site are so bear with me if my questions is not well articulated.

Hope this makes sense and thanks in advance for advice on this issue. I like riding in water so I am trying to fiigure this one out.

It sounds like you need to push completely forward on both sticks. If you are relying on the springs to hold the sticks forward it may not be enough pressure to fully engage the transmission. Try it again and when you do make sure you are holding them as far forward as they will go while you give it throttle. If it still does it then you may need to adjust the plungers in your transmission a little.

If that's the case though it should do the same thing when trying to climb real steep hills?

Thanks for the quick reply. I do not climb big hills much, or even small ones, I tend to go in marshy stuff or forests mostly so I am not sure about how it will do with climbing hills. I will find some to test that and also try pushing forward on the sticks more in water. Hope that helps. If not I will be trying to do the adjustment you mentioned. In that case I will be back on trying to get info on how best to do that. Seems it is time to start learning more about how to work on my buggy.

best regards and thanks for the great site

if you have the outside exhuast check the gasket around the pipe comming out of the body. sometimes water can find its way in there and hit the belt and make it slip.

Thanks. I will check that out also. This forum is really great. I just started reading it a few days ago. I have had my unit for 5 years and have been sorting things out by myself or calling the manufacturer on questions up to now.

+ Reply to Thread