My Max II left me thumbing a ride

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Max II left me thumbing a ride

My Max II left me thumbing a ride

Was back to the deer camp hauling some building materials.... a load too heavy for the 4-wheelers. and I think I have thrown a drive chain on the left front wheel.

So, had to hitch a ride out on ,.... yup, a 4 - wheeler....

have to gather up some tools and try to make repair in the woods to bring her home today.

The little Max can pull a big load, the chain tensioner must have broke or loosened the chain on the last hill.

I've walked home a few times a few years back. It just makes you a better mechanic and inspector. I'm certain you will look the machine over really well before you go on your next adventure. You also learn what tools and spares to keep in your tool box.

Ya your right. Once I pulled the floor pan, found the chain had jumped the front sprocket. Had it back on and readjusted the tensioners and was on my way. Could have fixed the first day had I known a little more about the adjustment of the chains.

Well, I will spend a little time with Max in the shop and learn a bit more about his works before I have to walk again.
    This site is a great resource for all aspects of these machines.

+ Reply to Thread