Mighty Max's new 650 Argo 650 HD with swimming tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Mighty Max's new 650 Argo 650 HD with swimming tracks

Great video Dan. That park really looks like a great place to take an amphib. I might have to meet you and Lee there this year.

Awesome vids

Looks like a Mooring Line across the Argo Hood in that last vid. "Anchors away, Captain"

RD

More never before seen Big and nasty Video-Most of this is shot on mud trails and my favorite, swamp creeks. These swamp creeks are especially fun because you never know whats under the water!

awsome video Dan!!! we should do a group ride there sometime...are there any other amphibs other than Lee's 6x6?

keepin it fun

I am sure there are other machines in the area but I don't know where or how to get in contact with them.

I always try to run with other vehicles but when the trail goes to swamp they (quads-side by sides) have to park and ride with me or just watch from the side lines.

I am very impressed with the way this Argo pulls out of holes, ditches and crosses over fallen trees or logs in the water. It also goes over tree stumps or any thing else you throw at it.

Before Heath sold his Frontier a fallen tree across a swamp creek stopped his Frontier and my max cold. Now I just pull the machine up to the tree or log and go right over it. it opens up several riding areas where no one else can go.

This machine will climb to the point that it will flip over. Grades that give the 4x4s problems are not an issue for me and the Argo is much more stable than the 4x4's when it is climbing..

This machine gives me confidence to cross ditch's and it pulls out of mud holes or up grades with out an issue, now when I run through a swamp I simply enjoy the ride, it opens a whole new area of joy riding an AATV.

a very specific question about your tracks : I think the lugs are 1.125" high but how wide are the cleats (I guess between 1 and 2 inches but not sure)

Thanks for all the videos !
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

Quote Originally Posted by smog View Post
    a very specific question about your tracks : I think the lugs are 1.125" high but how wide are the cleats (I guess between 1 and 2 inches but not sure)

Thanks for all the videos !

The grousers are three inches apart and the tracks are 14 1/2 inches wide. I am still getting use to the fact that I can climb over wet trees and logs without a problem.

Dude, that video is awesome. That 650HD w/the Adair tracks is a great package. The property owner got to inspect that section for the first time too. Another first. Argo has got to be selling the heck out of those machines. Its one of the ultimate AATVs out there. Keep the videos coming.

Hey Dan when do you think you will have the Max IV with its Adair tracks on it ? I just can't wait to see it in action.
    Max IV has a high out put heater,custom cab, windshield wiper,suspension seat,new hydraulic brakes ,cargo rack on the front ,,,and I'm loving every minute of this .

Quote Originally Posted by awesomepossum66 View Post
    Hey Dan when do you think you will have the Max IV with its Adair tracks on it ? I just can't wait to see it in action.
    Awesomepossum, I have run into clearance issues with the MaxIV. I either have to modify the tub or go to a 22" tire and right now I am not willing to do either. The only 22" tire on the market that sits on a 9" rim is the Kenda bear claw and that tire is not quit wide enough to ride in the tracks as smooth as it should.I may just run the max with tires, I haven't decided yet. For now i just want to enjoy the Argo without spending all the money required to make the tracks work with the max.

I personally think the MaxIV with tracks would be some kind of fun on the trail and in the mud, but it looks like it would take a set of generation 10 tracks cut for a ten inch tire and a set of 22" tires mounted on a set of 8" wheels, thats about $3,200.00 and right now I am just not willing to spend that money so the Max will have to wait for now. I am a little disappointed but I may yet go for it.

+ Reply to Thread